Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Northern Ireland bbq gas connection

Options
  • 27-05-2009 7:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭

Hi, not sure if this is the right place to post this so apologies and please move if appropriate.

Bought a gas bbq in BBQ in Newry the other week and assembled it last weekend. I noticed when I bought it that the gas bottle connector on it was different from the type I'm used to but wasn't too worried as thought I could fit the connector from my old bbq.

However I've found this isn't possible due to a narrower gauge on the rubber hosing on the new bbq. So question is really does anyone know if it's possible to pick up the correct type of gas bottles anywhere around Dublin or would these be specific to the North? Alternatively is there an adapter for this?

cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭Geri Boyle

Is the adaptor red or black? Most people presume its the butane gas for a bbq- ie the yellow cylinder, when alot of the time it will takd a propane gas cylinder- ie the grey cylinder. The colour of the adaptor on bbq wil tell you which it is. Black is butane and red is propane afair. You cant get an adaptor to change the type of gas it takes as it has to run off a certain type of gas. You can get both cylinders in local hardware stores- woodies and the like... If its a diff adaptor i cant help im afraid. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭DamoKen

Hi Blue Belle, yeah it's a red adapter. As far as I remember from the booklet it stated that either propane or butane could be used. I'll go to Woodies tomorrow night, haven't had time to go yet as only discovered the problem Sunday evening when I went to fire it up :o .

Just wasn't sure if cylinders of the correct type were available south of the border.

Cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭Geri Boyle

Yea go for the Grey cylinder, that should sort you out. If you happen to have an empty cylinder of either colour lying around bring that with you and they will only charge you for the gas refill and not a new cylinder aswel. Those things can be pretty expensive. Happy bbqing ;)

Hi Bluebelle, just to say thanks for that. Went in over the weekend to woodies, no problem. 60 for a cylinder and 28 for the refill so was happying bbq'ing all weekend.

cheers :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

DamoKen wrote: »
    Hi Bluebelle, just to say thanks for that. Went in over the weekend to woodies, no problem. 60 for a cylinder and 28 for the refill so was happying bbq'ing all weekend.

cheers :)

Jesus that price! I bough mine for 60 all in ie 28 euro for the refill and 32 for the gas!"

• Advertisement

Jesus that price! I bough mine for 60 all in ie 28 euro for the refill and 32 for the gas!"

yeah that's what I meant, 60 was for a full cylinder and 28 for the refill :)

Advertisement