Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Merc B-Class opinions?

• 27-05-2009 10:11am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭

Family member is considering one of these (diesel), are they any good? She will be using it for commuting up and down the M50 to work, school runs, shopping, etc, very much a family workhorse. Comfort, reliability, low running costs and space are the priorities.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭Saab Ed

Family member is considering one of these (diesel), are they any good? She will be using it for commuting up and down the M50 to work, school runs, shopping, etc, very much a family workhorse. Comfort, reliability, low running costs and space are the priorities.

Unless they are desperate for the street cred of a Merc badge I'd have to say whats the point. That Merc engine is a gruff aul thing and in that category there are so many more better appointed vehicles available for less money i.e Scenic/Zafira/New Piccaso. Buy a high spec one of any of these and you have a far better car IMO. ( just dont forget there is a new Scenic out in September)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 935 ✭✭✭samsemtex

To be fair Saab Ed when you sit into a B-class or even an A-class you feel like you are in a far superior quality of car to a zafira or scenic. The interior is much classier and there is just a feel of quality that no other cars in those price ranges have. That said i have never driven one so i dont know but i havent read anything bad about them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭Saab Ed

samsemtex wrote: »
    To be fair Saab Ed when you sit into a B-class or even an A-class you feel like you are in a far superior quality of car to a zafira or scenic. The interior is much classier and there is just a feel of quality that no other cars in those price ranges have. That said i have never driven one so i dont know but i havent read anything bad about them.

There's not 10 grand more better plastic in one though :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

Saab Ed wrote: »
    There's not 10 grand more better plastic in one though :D
    I always thought Renault was the expensive plastic :pac:

Advertisement