Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

need a jelly mould!

Options
  • 27-05-2009 10:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭

Hi all,

gonna have a crack at Heston Blumenthals Absinthe jelly. Any ideas as to where I can buy a jelly mould in Dublin?

Thanks!:D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Just use a bowl(?)

Only mould I remember was a horrible rabbit shaped one my mother had from the 70's

large_RabbitMould.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭queera

Is it wrong that I actually really like this??

Im actually looking for something kinda retro if possible, so that the jelly has a shape to it.:pac::pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

I would try debenhams, or for real nasty ones probably the €2 shops. I think at some birthday party I saw watership down on an old projector. The mother just knew it was about rabbits and then brought a strawberry jelly rabbit out, nice and red just like the slaughtered rabbits all the kids just saw...

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭queera

rubadub wrote: »
    I would try debenhams, or for real nasty ones probably the €2 shops. I think at some birthday party I saw watership down on an old projector. The mother just knew it was about rabbits and then brought a strawberry jelly rabbit out, nice and red just like the slaughtered rabbits all the kids just saw...

Brilliant. Oh, no wait, prob cruel.... :p

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

There are some HERE - I have the one on the right but I got it in Dunne's a good few years ago.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭olaola

Kitchen compliments have the largest mould collection I've seen!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 302 ✭✭lallychops

u could use a cookie cutter just put it on a plate and btw what is wrong with a bowl ?:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭Magic Monkey

rubadub, the only mold that they sell in the kitchen section in Debenhams is that EXACT one :) queera, you can also use empty jars, like a Nutella jar, or small drinking glasses, for individual portions.

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭Spastafarian

You should go for the zombie jelly mold.

bb9f_zombie_torso_gelatin_mold.jpg

Advertisement