Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oak flooring

Options
  • 27-05-2009 10:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭

Hi all

I need to pick an oak wood floor this weekend. Either semi-solid or solid, fairly wide-plank if possible, not 3-strip.
    Any recommendations on where to buy, somewhere with good quality flooring and reasonable price.

Thanks
    BigBru

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,166 ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

Any idea of where you're based? If you're anywhere near Galway Curleys in Craughwell have a good range at very keen prices, I got my semi-solid oak flooring there, they were very competitive on price. Very happy with the results too...

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭bigbru

Based in North Dublin...

• Registered Users Posts: 898 ✭✭✭bauderline

rightpricetiles seem to have good prices...

you'll pay through the nose for wide plank !

P.

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭Leprechaun77

Des Kelly's and Carpet Express have good deals going on Quickstep Flooring. My parents got this stuff a couple of years ago and the going rate was about €40 sq. yard plus €5-6 for a good underlay (depending on where the new floor is going). Current offer at the moment is €30 sq yard and I got a deal on 5mm soundproofing (upstair floor) for €2 sq yard (normally €5??) and the beading thrown in free (usually €1 per foot). I thought this was a great price as fitting is also included.

Advertisement