Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

This lads a bit of an optimist dont you think? What a larf!

• 27-05-2009 10:47am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 935 ✭✭✭

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/1034927.htm

He wants almost £11k for a 9 year old Alfa 156. You can get a lower mileage 2005 156 GTA with more power, made by the factory and far superior in every wat for about £8k.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 Dave.

Alfa never gave the gta the facelift so i guess there isn't many like that around

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,785 ✭✭✭Beta Ray Bill

-rotex supercharger <- I would imagine this is Not cheap at all. considering an FP Green Turbo is around €1500... I would imagine a super charger costs more (more moving parts)
    -special ECU mapping <- ECU is at least £500 for a piggy back (Ecutek) and around £2000 for a standalone (Vipec, Autotronic)
    -bigger injecters <- good few £££'s for these if they are of high quality
    -sportclutch/light fly wheel <- could be awaywhere between £600 and £2000
    -longer 5th gear <- couple of £££'s for this too.

+ it's V rare

For someone looking to buy a good one and planning to mod it this is a good buy
    For someone looking for a standard one and planning to leave standard this is not a good buy.

the guy just wants some of his money back for the Mods

given the option (after driving both) everyone would go for the modded one. more fun, better drive etc etc

Obviously the modded one is better so ya gotta pay more for it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭Lord Nikon

Well worth it me thinks, would go like the clappers :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,337 ✭✭✭Redsoxfan

It's an interesting car, but I'd sooner have the GTA.

Still, assuming that's a 2.0TS, you could save on tax and insurance......but still have a fast car.

Other than the leather, the interior spec looks pretty poor.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭Gone Drinking

Looks great and all, but you'd be mad spending that sort of money on any 9 year old alpha.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

Looks great and all, but you'd be mad spending that sort of money on any 9 year old alpha.
    I'd take you a lot more seriously if you could spell the make of the car.;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,372 ✭✭✭bladespin

Thing is, it's not actually 9 years old, most of the work is probably much newer, you could even contact the tuners to find out.

As said above, it's a one off and a fast car for little money, I'd buy it if I was in the market.
    Most of the doubters probably wouldn't buy an Alfa either way.

MasteryDarts Ireland - Master your game!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

In fairness, i'd buy a GTA before that every time. Or a Mk1 2.0TS Lusso for that matter.:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭alias no.9

He seems to have fallen into the old trap of believing that the money he spent was adding value to the car. Methinks he'll be driving it for some time yet.

Edit...
    Maybe this would be a good one for a bet, which will sell first, this or the GTA at Donohoes?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭Victor_M

alias no.9 wrote: »
    He seems to have fallen into the old trap of believing that the money he spent was adding value to the car. Methinks he'll be driving it for some time yet.

Edit...
    Maybe this would be a good one for a bet, which will sell first, this or the GTA at Donohoes?

Nah, that won't be a fair bet, this fella selling the 156 only has to drop the price by 1 - 2 K to have some hope of selling it.

The GTA in Donohoes will never ever ever sell, it needs to come down by about 15-20K, even then they will need to find someone mental enough to buy a 7 year old brand new car.

P.S It's down to €30K now, what did it start off at?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 935 ✭✭✭samsemtex

alias no.9 wrote: »

Edit...

Thats my view on it too. Mods are a money pit and if you put them on your car you shouldnt expect to get the value back. The exterior modifications are worth around £4k so you could have a GTA for £7k + that body kit for the same money this guy wants and the GTA is bound to be the better car.

Grahamo: On what basis are you saying the modded one is better? The GTA is already a performance tuned version of the 156, it has more power, it has a tweaked suspenstion, propbably rides better, 6 gears instead of a longer 5th and that wonderful 3.2litre v6

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭alias no.9

Victor_M wrote: »
    P.S It's down to €30K now, what did it start off at?

€30k excluding VAT and VRT, i.e. they know no one will buy it here because of the 36% VRT and €2080 P.A. road tax.

Advertisement