Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No need to go north for baby

• 27-05-2009 10:48am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 18

Hey, just put a thread there on Bargain Alert requests. If you are going North for Baby products there is no need, Superquinn have launched a massive baby sale, got their leaflet in the post yesterday. Tehy have reduced prices on all nappies & milks and are cheaper than sainsburys - they have c&g at 7.76, aptamil at 8.87 and sma @ 7.99, pampers econ pks are now at 8.39. These are all cheaper than sainsburys, well worth checking out!! Has saved me a journey up north this weekend!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭Grawns

Thanks for that. I get the impression that the offer applies until the middle of August too. Handy not to have to buy in bulk as short on space.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 query08

Yep I asked the manager in store and he said that its running long term, for at least 12 weeks, so delighted with that!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭mcwhirter

query08 wrote: »
    Yep I asked the manager in store and he said that its running long term, for at least 12 weeks, so delighted with that!

Why can the prices not be that price normally, it shows how much we have been ripped off over the last few years.
    I will go to sainsburys out of principle, however I do like superquinns apple pies:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 dobberdob

Why would you go to the north out of principle? The baby is cheaper in Superquinn so take advantage. No long driving or long ques and you can get your apple pies too? Best value i've seen anywhere I know where i'll be going for my baby needs. SUPERQUINN

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 query08

Why can the prices not be that price normally, it shows how much we have been ripped off over the last few years.
    I will go to sainsburys out of principle, however I do like superquinns apple piessmile.gif

I really do not understand some people, why would you continue travelling north and putting irish jobs at risk when the prices are actually cheaper down south, in an Irish Retailer. Theres just no pleasing some people. The supermarket has obvioulsy made the decision to sell these products at a loss to try and stop the mass exodus to the north! I take my hat off to them!!
    Dobberdob - I'm with you, I too know where I will be buying my Baby Products! Supporting irish business & irish jobs and still getting them at the cheapest price available - SUPERQUINN! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭fdevine

Thanks OP. The wife and I will be stocking up for our September arrival.

Perhaps the price drops have something to do with SQ sourcing stock north of the border themselves? I know they said they were going to do this....

Either way it's a saving for us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,470 ✭✭✭DonJose

I really do not understand some people, why would you continue travelling north

For the 40%+ savings on my everyday shopping bill. I tried the Superquinn specials but got pi$$ed off eating baby formula after a day ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭fdevine

I cannot for the life of me see how anyone could save 40% by going north.

Maybe some people do a monthly shop or even every two months, but I have trouble enough fitting one or two weeks worth of shopping away......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭mcwhirter

I really do not understand some people, why would you continue travelling north and putting irish jobs at risk when the prices are actually cheaper down south, in an Irish Retailer. Theres just no pleasing some people. The supermarket has obvioulsy made the decision to sell these products at a loss to try and stop the mass exodus to the north! I take my hat off to them!!
    Dobberdob - I'm with you, I too know where I will be buying my Baby Products! Supporting irish business & irish jobs and still getting them at the cheapest price available - SUPERQUINN! :D

Its not the fact that Superquinn have reduced thir prices on certain items, it is the fact that they have been charging so much more before we were in a recession.
    Do you really think they are reducing prices because they want to, they have to. They have no choice unless they want to go under.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,031 ✭✭✭✭Stark

I quite like shopping in Superquinn, but I'll be thinking twice after the dishonest behaviour I've seen in this thread and other threads. Specifically, Superquinn getting employees to sign up accounts on boards.ie pretending to be happy customers. dobberdob and query08, I'm looking at you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭foxy06

I could only see the growing up milks on special offer. Are the Newborn infant formulas as cheap?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭iggy

foxy06 wrote: »
    I could only see the growing up milks on special offer. Are the Newborn infant formulas as cheap?

Big tubs of SMA Gold now €7.99 from €10.99

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭Keith C

Stark wrote: »
    I quite like shopping in Superquinn, but I'll be thinking twice after the dishonest behaviour I've seen in this thread and other threads. Specifically, Superquinn getting employees to sign up accounts on boards.ie pretending to be happy customers. dobberdob and query08, I'm looking at you.

why haven't they been perm banned & have you any proof?
    as i posted in BA, so what if they're staff posting cheap deals, isnt that the spirit of BA??
    if they were pimpin standard priced goods then yes we have a shill but i dont see that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,031 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Some of the more blatant posts have been deleted at this stage.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,962 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

I was up in Sainsburys today.
    There was 30% off all baby stuff but the price difference adding on 30% and then 15% for conversion was still pretty big.
    At the moment I can't afford not to go up north to buy baby food and nappies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭HashSlinging

Hi Moonbeam,

I'm trying to find out how much it is for Cow and Gate baby milk? Green stage 1 pack.

Does anyone know if you can use your lasercard up in Sainsburys,

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭sbhatia

Not sure about Price of milk but you can sure use your laser card.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,962 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Hi Moonbeam,

I'm trying to find out how much it is for Cow and Gate baby milk? Green stage 1 pack.

Does anyone know if you can use your lasercard up in Sainsburys,

I have no idea about cow and date,we use Aptimil.
    I find a good way to find out prices is from the boots uk webiste though Sainsburys can be a few pence cheaper.
    http://www.boots.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?categoryParentId=3678&storeId=10052&productId=21641&callingViewName=&categoryId=48885&langId=-1&catalogId=11051 6.83 for the tub of powder
    http://www.boots.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?categoryParentId=3678&storeId=10052&productId=42034&callingViewName=&categoryId=48885&langId=-1&catalogId=11051
    1.09 for a 500ml ready made carton.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Buster_Gonnads

I'll tell you why people will go up North anyway.

These prices whle being advertised as a great deal, are not!!!!

These are the prices you should expect to pay in the FIRST PLACE!!!

Even if these UNBELIVABLE Superquinn prices are slightly cheapeR than places in the North, I can fully understand why people will continue to support shops in the North, who never (relative to the free state) rip off their patrons!!

EVERY chance I get to support shops in the North I will do so! If im up visiting i'll stock up on alcohol, frozen food etc... That is until those in the south start pricing at a reasonable rate!! ie a rate slightly higher than the north (to take into account higher costs) not the 40 - 50 % average you see accross just about EVERY item!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,102 ✭✭✭mathie

"No need to go north for baby"

Even babies are cheaper up north.
    Rip-off Republic indded.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 484 ✭✭bcirl03

Superquinn are the leaders in rip offs. This baby special offer is a joke, no bargains when you compare it with the North. Anyone who still shops there is easily parted with their money. I've known people to shop there as they feel it's exclusive!!!!!

North all the way - cheaper and service is way better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭HashSlinging

We just bought Cow and Gate baby milk for 7.16 in superquinn, so its not bad but we are going up for the school shop.

Advertisement