Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MyMemory.co.uk is messing me around big time

Options
  • 27-05-2009 10:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭

Bought an item from them (Game with a headset) on Sunday morning, been trying to track it since and it is still pending since then. Tried emailing them (no response), Tried calling them this is what I get after three minutes of holding and being told what position I am at in the queue:

''Sorry, all our customer service representatives are busy at the moment please leave a message''

I was in a queue that got smaller all the time! How does that work????

Generally feel im being messed around by them, does anyone have an idea what I can do?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,077 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

dmcg90 wrote: »
    Bought an item from them (Game with a headset) on Sunday morning, been trying to track it since and it is still pending since then. Tried emailing them (no response), Tried calling them this is what I get after three minutes of holding and being told what position I am at in the queue:

''Sorry, all our customer service representatives are busy at the moment please leave a message''

I was in a queue that got smaller all the time! How does that work????

Generally feel im being messed around by them, does anyone have an idea what I can do?

It's only been two working days. Patience is a virtue.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

ejmaztec wrote: »
    It's only been two working days. Patience is a virtue.

I'd agree, two working days of a order pending is not long

You have to remember infact its only been ONE working day that you order was progressing as Monday was a bank holiday in the UK, so your order would not have done anything till Tuesday at the earliest

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

I think that you're jumping the gun here.

As Cabaal has pointed out, Monday was a bank holiday in the UK, therefore only one working day has elapsed. it's well known that emails to customer service are as useful as a snowball in hell, and waiting three minutes on call-waiting is well within acceptable limits.

What did they say on the confirmation email you received? Usually, it's something along the lines of 'Please allowing 5 - 10 working days for delivery'.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,077 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Cabaal wrote: »
    I'd agree, two working days of a order pending is not long

You have to remember infact its only been ONE working day that you order was progressing as Monday was a bank holiday in the UK, so your order would not have done anything till Tuesday at the earliest

I was thinking "Jersey", where the company's based, but of course they had the same bank holiday - duh!:o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭dmcg90

Yeah im aware of that, but to be in a queue to be told everyone is busy at the end of it, 5 times today now seems a bit off, and 2 days to even get my order together is a bit wierd, ive ordered off Game.co.uk and Play.com and theyve been shipped in a day after monday never mind being pending

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,517 ✭✭✭axer

It took me about a month to receive headphones I had ordered from them. I wasn't too bothered though since they were about 22 pounds sterling whereas with other online shops they were 40 euro plus.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

dmcg90 wrote: »
    Yeah im aware of that, but to be in a queue to be told everyone is busy at the end of it, 5 times today now seems a bit off, and 2 days to even get my order together is a bit wierd, ive ordered off Game.co.uk and Play.com and theyve been shipped in a day after monday never mind being pending

At the same point I've ordered stuff off play.com and it took a week for it to go out for delivery, delays can happen.

I was curious about the mymemory.co.uk Q times after your post so I gave them a quick call, took 20sec to get through to a agent so their phone system is working fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭dmcg90

Cabaal wrote: »
    At the same point I've ordered stuff off play.com and it took a week for it to go out for delivery, delays can happen.

I was curious about the mymemory.co.uk Q times after your post so I gave them a quick call, took 20sec to get through to a agent so their phone system is working fine.

I'l try again, it's just an annoyance.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,911 ✭✭✭JDxtra

Sorry to sound rude, but can you just cop on and stop wasting everybodys time. If you dont get it after 2 weeks, then chase it up. Madness!

Advertisement