Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slendertone

Options
  • 27-05-2009 10:59am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 40

Hi girls
    am thinking of getting one of those slendertone abs belts to get bikini ready, was wondering if anyone of you have tried it and if it works

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

Not to butt in but, if you ask anyone on the Fitness boards about this, they'll tell you slendertone is a load of crap.... I saw someone ask about them there a while back and the consensus seemed to be they weren't worth the money at all... But that's third hand info at this stage so..... I dunno!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭onemorechance

I have used it and I think they are great! I did not have much fat on my stomach, but it did quickly tone up the muscles there. I cannot say if it works so well when there is a lot of fat on the stomach.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,154 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

Are you really willing to pay 69.99 (or whatever) to avoid the hassle of doing 20 crunches 3 times a week?

Also, the slendertone will do absolutely nothing for moving the flab from your stomach, nothing.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,365 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Don't bother. They're rubbish and pointless. Can't you just do some exercises instead?

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭MadgeBadge

My friends Mam had one years ago, we used to use it as a forfeit in a game of truth or dare. It scared the bejaesus out of me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭entropi

OP, the slendertone wont actually give you that bikini look you want, it'll tone up the abs and possibly some of your obliques "love handles" but the machine only works on muscle, not fatty tissue. If you want real results do some cardio exercise like a brisk walk (brisk meaning you WILL sweat) every morning for 20 mins (when its easier to burn fat as metabolism is at its highest then). A few weeks of this should help out but diet is just as important. If g'em sees this hopefully she will add her views, but the nutrition forum and fitness forum will give you some starter tips:) Hopefully you'll achieve it by summer!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,819 ✭✭✭✭g'em

If g'em sees this hopefully she will add her views...
    g'em has a tendency to avoid threads with any/ all of the following words in the title: Slendertone, Lipotrim, Bosu ball, Curves, Power-Plate :o:D

@ OP - unfortunately Slendertone won't give you the hot body, a good healthy diet and some exercise will though.

This thread is a great starting point - follow the tips outlined in it and you'll be bikini-fit in a matter of weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭onemorechance

OP, the slendertone wont actually give you that bikini look you want, it'll tone up the abs and possibly some of your obliques "love handles" but the machine only works on muscle, not fatty tissue. If you want real results do some cardio exercise like a brisk walk (brisk meaning you WILL sweat) every morning for 20 mins (when its easier to burn fat as metabolism is at its highest then). A few weeks of this should help out but diet is just as important. If g'em sees this hopefully she will add her views, but the nutrition forum and fitness forum will give you some starter tips:) Hopefully you'll achieve it by summer!
    g'em wrote: »
    g'em has a tendency to avoid threads with any/ all of the following words in the title: Slendertone, Lipotrim, Bosu ball, Curves, Power-Plate :o:D

@ OP - unfortunately Slendertone won't give you the hot body, a good healthy diet and some exercise will though.

This thread is a great starting point - follow the tips outlined in it and you'll be bikini-fit in a matter of weeks.

Slendertone will work your stomach muscles into shape, but not if there is a lot of fat on your stomach. So, slagging off Slendertone saying it's crap is unfair. It will not get rid of fat, but it will tone your stomach muscles, and it will do it very quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 ash:)

I actually started usin it recently and iv noticed the difference already...that said, im only usin it to tone up because im out of camogie for the year with exams so i hadnt much weight on to begin with..so if you wanted it to just tighten up its ideal! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 150 ✭✭peepeep

OP - what's your height / weight? If you are carrying excess body weight around your middle then Slendertone won't do anything for you.

If you are already slim and don't have stomach fat, then Slendertone would potentially work for you to help you tone up. But sit-ups would do exactly the same thing for free, and would make you feel a trillion times better too.

• Advertisement
Advertisement