Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bunclody or surrounding area - Bank Holiday Weekend

Options
  • 27-05-2009 11:07am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 45

Hi All,

I'm heading to Bunclody for the bank holiday and I'm just wondering if there is anything on around there for the Bank Holiday? ie festivals, gigs etc?
    Any ideas on where would be good spots to visit or go to at night?
    all advice welcome

Thanks
    KQ

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 eyefordetail

Hi All,

I'm heading to Bunclody for the bank holiday and I'm just wondering if there is anything on around there for the Bank Holiday? ie festivals, gigs etc?
    Any ideas on where would be good spots to visit or go to at night?
    all advice welcome

Thanks
    KQ

Hey, i'm originally from Bunclody myself. There isnt any festivals on this weekend but a few nice places to go would be:
    Bia Alainn at the top of the town for dinner or the Chinese Restaurant
    Entertainment wise your best bet is probably the Millrace Hotel. They generally have music in the bar at weekends so they should definitely have something on for the weekend.
    Depending what direction your coming from you may be affected my roadworks. They are carrying out sewage works on a lot of the raods lately. For more info on the roads affected at the moment and also more info on the town in general log onto www.bunclody.net. My neighbour runs the website so and I know if you wanted to e-mail him he'll answer any questions you have!
    The new golf club across the road from the hotel is open now any could possibly have entertainment in the club house at night. The gold course is a loely place to go for a walk if you like that sort of thing. Its situated on the banks of the river slaney and theres a nice walkway around it.
    Enjoy the weekend.

Advertisement