Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Car Fire in Ballisodare

Options
  • 27-05-2009 11:16am

A car went up in flames at around 2.20 am today in Bushy Park and fair play to the emergency services,they were in attendence in 10 minutes and within an hour the burnt out car was towed away.I hope it was just an electrical fault with the car as this area is very quiet so i didnt suspect foul play!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,659 ✭✭✭magnumlady

Blimey I bet that was scary. Good to know the emergency services came out quickly.

It was a bit frightening as the flames and smoke were very high.On thinking further about it there must have been foul play as it was a 07 car/jeep that went 'up'.Dont know a lot about cars but do they usually spontaneously combust?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

zorro2566 wrote: »
    Dont know a lot about cars but do they usually spontaneously combust?

I did see one explode alright, but that was due to the mix of fire & petrol. :D

Spontaneous combustion is a type of combustion which occurs without an external ignition source. Pistachios have been known to self combust if they are stored in large numbers, as the give off lots of heat.

Advertisement