Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

make up question

Options
  • 27-05-2009 11:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭

hey all ,

dont know if im posting in the right place or not :) .. just have a quick question i hope you can help with ..

basically im looking for the right make up foundation ... for cover up ... i have really rosey cheeks all the time and always brings me down confidence wise .. like my face is two colurs sallow and red cheeks .. past foundations i have used just dont work , you can still see the rosey cheeks or the outline of them when put it on .. just wondering if anyone has any tips/advise or anything i could use ??

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭dubsgirl

Mac studio fix is a very heavy covering foundation.

You may get more response on this in the fashion and appearance forum though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,613 ✭✭✭✭Clare Bear

Vichy Dermablend foundation is pretty much made for your skin type. People even use it to cover tattoos. It's heavy coverage but a tiny bit goes a very long way so you can put on as much as you need and it doesn't look caked on. It's great. You can get in any chemist that stocks Vichy products. Most McCabes and Unicare pharmacies have it.

"Vichy Dermablend Corrective Foundation is the 1st high coverage foundation with a malleable texture and no mask-like effect. 12 hour hold.

Created by dermatologists Dermablend Corrective Foundation is formulated with 25% pigments concentration. That is twice that of an ordinary foundation. This allows a very high coverage during 12 hours, resisting to bathing and perspiration.

Dark circles, redness, uneven complexion,
    Dermablend Corrective Foundation is designed for people with moderate to minor skin imperfections who wish to have a perfect even skin tone.

The product is completely malleable and ultra easy to blend into the skin. It glides on and can be distributed evenly offering maximum colour distribution.

It is available in 5 natural shades"

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭Mrs JackDaniels

La Roche-Posay concealer will hide anything its my best friend :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

Clare Bear wrote: »
    Vichy Dermablend foundation is pretty much made for your skin type. People even use it to cover tattoos. It's heavy coverage but a tiny bit goes a very long way so you can put on as much as you need and it doesn't look caked on. It's great. You can get in any chemist that stocks Vichy products. Most McCabes and Unicare pharmacies have it.

"Vichy Dermablend Corrective Foundation is the 1st high coverage foundation with a malleable texture and no mask-like effect. 12 hour hold.

Created by dermatologists Dermablend Corrective Foundation is formulated with 25% pigments concentration. That is twice that of an ordinary foundation. This allows a very high coverage during 12 hours, resisting to bathing and perspiration.

Dark circles, redness, uneven complexion,
    Dermablend Corrective Foundation is designed for people with moderate to minor skin imperfections who wish to have a perfect even skin tone.

The product is completely malleable and ultra easy to blend into the skin. It glides on and can be distributed evenly offering maximum colour distribution.

It is available in 5 natural shades"

How does it do with oily skin/enlarged pores?

I find that is the most difficult part of wearing foundation for me - looks great when I put it on, and an hour later it has migrated into my nose pores due to my greasy skin.

I usually just use powder because that doesn't happen with it quite so much, but it doesn't have the coverage I require.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,131 ✭✭✭Curvy Vixen

You need a green foundation...yes, green!

I use the No 7 one so it doesn't need to be expensive. Just apply it under your foundation kind of by patting it on to the red parts rather than rubbing it in. Give it a couple of minutes to dry and apply any foundation across your whole face. The green neutralises the redness so just match a foundation to your skin tone.

Please don't make the classic mistake and use such a heavy foundation that you look like a beige birthday cake thinking that 'volume' coverage will fix it. You need to be clever with what's underneath that's all...

To prove I'm not winding you up :D
    COLOR CORRECT FOUNDATION
    Color corrective foundation can be worn under your normal foundation to alter your skin tone.

They may seem quite strange at first glance but are, in fact, highly effective at toning down high color or boosting the color of your complexion.

Use them sparingly at first until you feel confident with their subtle but effective results.

Green foundation cools down rosiness and is great for those who blush easily.
    Lavender foundation will brighten up a sallow skin and is great when you are feeling tired, particularly under your eyes.
    Apricot foundation will give a subtle glow to dull skin and is a great beauty booster during the winter months.
    White foundation gives a wonderful glow to all complexions and is perfect for a special night out.

http://www.savvy-women-magazine.com/Beauty/makeup-beauty-tips-foundation.php

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,613 ✭✭✭✭Clare Bear

Xiney wrote: »
    How does it do with oily skin/enlarged pores?

I find that is the most difficult part of wearing foundation for me - looks great when I put it on, and an hour later it has migrated into my nose pores due to my greasy skin.

I usually just use powder because that doesn't happen with it quite so much, but it doesn't have the coverage I require.

I have oily skin (though sometimes it's dry so I don't think it knows what type it is!) and it works great on me. It lasts for ages with a bit of powder. They have their own setting powder to go on after the foundation too so that is probably much better again. The foundation is €22 and lasts for a long time, a little goes a very long way. Not sure how much the powder is but is probably less than that again. I'd definitely recommend it, I've used myself as a foundation test bunny over the years and found this a few months ago and it's the best I've tried for my skin.
    You need a green foundation...yes, green!

I use the No 7 one so it doesn't need to be expensive. Just apply it under your foundation kind of by patting it on rather than rubbing it in. Give it a couple of minutes to dry and apply any foundation across your whole face. The green neutralises the redness so just match a foundation to your skin tone.

Please don't make the classic mistake and use such a heavy foundation that you look like a beige birthday bake thinking that 'volume' coverage will fix it. You need to be clever with what's underneath that's all...

To prove I'm not winding you up :D

http://www.savvy-women-magazine.com/Beauty/makeup-beauty-tips-foundation.php

Yep, or use a green concealer underneath your foundation. No 7 do a good one.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

excellent! shall be checking it out... as soon as I scrounge up 22 euro, heh.

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭pbody1985

awww cheers thanks for the replys :)

Advertisement