Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dell Vostro Laptops and Desktops till June 2nd

• 27-05-2009 11:37am
    Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭

5% off using this discount code:

J698$7D0LPP89C

Finishes 2nd of June.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 321 ✭✭Little A

AAAggghhhh, just ordered one a few days ago!!!

At least I'll get my Piggy Points!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭Red Crow

Little A wrote: »
    AAAggghhhh, just ordered one a few days ago!!!

At least I'll get my Piggy Points!

Unlucky. Might take the offer up. Been looking for a new laptop.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭daftdave

i find it hard to purchase from dell after this
    http://www.rte.ie/news/2009/0108/dell.html

not advising anyone not to ...just my personal opinion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,968 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Yeah Ill never buy Dell again either, I know a lot of people that are doing the same, although this entire country could boycott them and I doubt they'd care. I really hope all the county councils and government departments stop buying from them now though and switch to some other supplier.

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭NedTermo

Lets be realistic, they're going to buy at the best price they can. No room for emotions in business.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,248 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

Yeah, those dirty capitalists. Looking to maximise their profits an all, shame on them. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 236 ✭✭Fergster

Nice One!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 669 ✭✭✭tallaghtfornia

The GF bought a new Dell laptop last week was delivered today had on the back "Made in China" sign of the times guys :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,248 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

I know it's not the place to discuss it but did people really, genuinely believe that a production line which was involved in putting components together and packing boxes really had a sustainable future in Ireland given the cheap labour available elsewhere?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,727 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

The GF bought a new Dell laptop last week was delivered today had on the back "Made in China" sign of the times guys :mad:

Been that way for years, they only made the desktops here....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 234 ✭✭shanemort

Been that way for years, they only made the desktops here....

You really dont know what your talking about, they made, Servers, Desktops and laptops here. No Whole product of of thiers in made in china, you were prob looking at the modem or wifi card sticker. Limerick made everything!

Its all now moved to poland, Dell limerick are just doing onward shipping now ans the factory is pretty much closed!

ANd no i dont work for Dell just slightly educated and dont ramble crap on the net!

"My 2 cents"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭Xcellor

Yeah and they bought Alienware which had their european HQ in Athlone. They are closing down the manufacturing unit and the depts that support it and moving it to Poland..

Very sad...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

The last 3 dell laptops i got were delivered from china anyway, took aobut a week to be delivered too, I miss the 1-2 day Limerick shipping :(

CC

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭docdolittle

daftdave wrote: »
    i find it hard to purchase from dell after this
    http://www.rte.ie/news/2009/0108/dell.html

not advising anyone not to ...just my personal opinion.

dey tuk ar jbs!! :p

Advertisement