Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lecturers knowing your exam no?

Options
  • 27-05-2009 12:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭

hey,
    i e-mailed a lecturer today to get notes for a repeat in september, i sat a repeat in one of his subjects last week too. he replied wanting to know my exam number???
    i thought lecturers are not meant to know your exam number?or am i mistaken?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭BC

They need to see the exam numbers but they shouldn't know which exam number belongs to which student. i.e they know they have a paper for exam number 12345 but they don't that exam number 12345 is Student Joe Bloggs. If you give him your exam number then he knows which paper is yours. Why does he want your exam number to give you notes? Have you definately been told you have to repeat the exam? He might want to see if you've actually failed before giving you any info.

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭fcleere

hey BC
    Have you definately been told you have to repeat the exam? He might want to see if you've actually failed before giving you any info.

oh i def have to repeat. i had to do a semester 1 & 2 repeats in his subject from a year or two ago. i done the semester 2 last week i have to sit the semester 1 in september.

i met him the week before the semester 2 exam to talk bout the exam and he had previously sent me notes for it, but i had to get tracey flinter (SU) to get onto him because he wasn't going to send them.

as a result id be very wary bout giving him my exam number, for fear of getting, not quite so preferential treatment!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

It is supposedly DIT policy that the lecturer does not know the name behind the student number but if i'm to believe what a few of my lecturers have told my class this is not true. One of the lecturers was really pissed off about it but what ye going to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭NoelJ

I highly doubt it'd be that hard for them to find out ur exam number if they really wanted to fail you. What do u have to lose by giving it bar he may try pass you if you think you already failed

• Registered Users Posts: 26,575 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

they can find out easily enough though.

when they making your final grade they need to add in CA marks, your assignments generally have your name and student number on them. the lecturers have a sheet with exam numbers and student numbers so that they can calculate the final grade. so they can easily find out who you are.

but tbh i couldn't see many of them bothering their arses tbh, think about it, you want to get exams corrected ASAP to get into your 3 month holiday...

• Advertisement
Advertisement