Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Declan O'Rourke - Along the Western Seaboard

Options
  • 27-05-2009 12:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭

While not actually a fan of Declan O'Rourke's music genrally, he's a maginifcent guitar player and years ago I saw him play a song called 'Along the Western Seaboard' at a charity gig in Vicar Street and it was probably one of the most impressive songs I've ever heard from one man and his guitar.

Have searched high & low for it with no avail...can anyone shed some light?
    thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,204 ✭✭✭Kenny_D

It's a song he's been playing for years and one of my favourite. He had planned to release an album of famine songs. He has some other ones you'd probably like if you liked that one. Poor Boys Shoes is a great song and Johnny Hold The Lantern

• Registered Users Posts: 3,204 ✭✭✭Kenny_D

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭jamser58

I`m a massive Delcan fan.I`v gone to see him around five times and he has only played "All Along The Western Seaboard" once.
    Like already mentioned Declan has promised for it to be released on one of the albums he plans to release in a famine collection.
    Heres to him pulling the finger out and getting it going!
    Cheers for the link to "Poor Boys shoes" much appreciated!

Advertisement