Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Table Tennis: is it a sport????

Options
  • 27-05-2009 1:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

So a guy in school is slaging me because i do table tennis. He says its not even a sport. I think it is a sport because its in the Olympics. Do you think it is a sport?????? :confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

K-Dawg33 wrote: »
    So a guy in school is slaging me because i do table tennis. He says its not even a sport. I think it is a sport because its in the Olympics. Do you think it is a sport?????? :confused:

Course it is. I played for years. Do you compete?

• Registered Users Posts: 14 K-Dawg33

Yes im a all leinster champ in Ireland!!!!!:pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,963 ✭✭✭Podge2k7

Suppose so...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

And well its a sport. Ya ever see the lads about 50 foot away from the table and the still playing, hilarious.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,066 ✭✭✭Sea Devils

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

Yes im a all leinster champ in Ireland!!!!!:pac::pac::pac:

What age group? 14's? 17's? 19's?
    Which club are you in?

under 15 and i play in my school
    :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭Monkeybonkers

Of course it's a sport. Ignore this ignorant fool in school. I also played in school and have a silver All Ireland Schools medal from that time. Very proud I am of it too. Table tennis is a brilliant sport for overall fitness as well as developing good hand/eye co-ordination. Keep up the good work fella! :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Claytonvox

I heard someone say, an hour of playing table tennis is equal to running a mile. Despite not using as much energy as most sports, it is still classed as a sport.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 723 ✭✭✭Dumb

Doubt that now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭neil_hosey

that you Jan?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Claytonvox

I've come across many arguments regarding whether table tennis is a sport or not and if it should be included in the olympics. I was inspired to write this http://tablesports.blog.co.uk/2009/07/28/why-table-tennis-should-remain-an-olympic-sport-6604235/.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭p1akuw47h5r3it

Yes it is a sport and a very skilled one at that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 295 ✭✭Jayeire

Definitely a sport!!! Would love to know how to play properly myself

Advertisement