Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fitzwilliam Card Club E.O.M. €250 + €20 Thursday 28th May 2009

• 27-05-2009 1:32pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,079 ✭✭✭

Starting Stack 7,500 chips,
    Usual blind structure with antes introduced at 150/300 level
    There were 130 + players in April's Tournament so make sure to get there early to book your seat.

Sit & go satellites will take place from 5.30pm.

See you at the tables:rolleyes::rolleyes:,

1. Who is running the event (organisation, society etc.) Fitzwilliam Card Club,
    2. The purpose of the event (charity, commercial etc.) Commercial
    3. Date and Location of event: Fitzwilliam Card Club, Clifton Hall,Lower Fitzwilliam Street,Dublin 2,
    4. Registration and Start time of event. Thursday 28th Mayl, 2009 8.30 p.m. sharp
    5. Any prerequisites (member of club, society etc) Member of Club, Membership free, photo id required
    6. How can tickets be purchased & is there a maximum number (in advance, at the door etc.) N/A
    7. Type of Tournament (Hold'em/Omaha etc Freezeout/Rebuy etc.) NL Holdem Freezeout
    8. Cost of entry and any subsequent rebuys/top-ups etc. €250 freezeout
    9. Cost of registration €20
    10. % of entry fee/rebuys/top-up going into Prize fund N/A
    10a. Is any money from the prize fund held back for future tournaments, if so, how much, N/A
    11. Any guarenteed prize pool. No
    12. If applicable, Number of re-buys allowed and over what time frame/blind levels. N/A
    13. Starting Chips, 7,500
    14. Rebuy and Top-up chip amounts. N/A
    15. Blind levels All standard blind levels with ante introduced at 150/300 level
    16. Blind timeframes 30 minutes
    17. Places being paid and if any prizes are other than cash (free entry to other tournie, merchandice etc)
    18. Are there going to be dealers - and their level of skill- Yes/ excellent
    19. Will there be a documented list of rules Yes
    20. Is there a tournament director Yes
    21. How are disputes handled - who has final say.Tournament Director
    22. Are there any cash games offered, if so, please outline the rake for each limit offered.
    * EUR Pl Holdem 50 game is EUR 8.40 per player, per hour. 1, 2 (live 5 encouraged)
    * EUR 100 Omaha game is EUR 12 per player, per hour.

130 runners last month and with the A.P.A.T. on the weekend in the Fitz there might be a few more than that

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭big_iain

of course this is an Irish Poker Rankings Event as every month

• Closed Accounts Posts: 754 ✭✭✭robinblinds

Sat for this on ppp.com tonight as usual...

$ : € means you'll be getting a whopping tenner discount too!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,079 ✭✭✭smurph

bumpty bump bump

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

I might play this for a change.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,079 ✭✭✭smurph

5starpool wrote: »
    I might play this for a change.

yeah me to, it's been a couple of weeks since I played it:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 306 ✭✭PiperT

Gonna donate tonight...looking forward to this.

Any takers for Last Longest ?

If someone else chases and gathers money I will donate 20 to a last longest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 165 ✭✭baz2007

Think I will give this a spin.love these monthlys when I have an eight start the next morning.still everyone has 2take some pain every now and then.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 165 ✭✭baz2007

I am up for last longest 2. Like urself Dom if someone does the gathering,I think jackyback might be attending stick him in for last longest aswell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 WILLWILLKILL

can you reserve a seat anywher as i am coming from the north and dont really know the way so i could be late!

could someone please let me know asap before i set sail thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭BigCityBanker

can you reserve a seat anywher as i am coming from the north and dont really know the way so i could be late!

could someone please let me know asap before i set sail thanks

no need to reserve a seat - just turn up and play.

If you are going to be late, ring 016114677 and ask for the poker desk and get your name put down. Otherwise, you will be ok for late entries until around 9.30 I think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 WILLWILLKILL

ok ill donate see ya's soon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,404 ✭✭✭Goodluck2me

Ah not the biggest fan of kk anymore.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭Norwich Fan Rob

just back from this, 118 runners, 10 paid.
    11 left and andy grimmason rejects 500 for 10th deal.

im on blind on blind with 47s limped pot, 3356J board vs 33 to bubble in 11th.
    pretty sick really.

Andy G and Martin Silke 2 massive chip leaders with 10 left as i left about 25 mins ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭thechamp87

normal ****ing bs again for 13th. if chub or silky don't win it'll be a sorry day for poker.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭DK86

pretty sick really.

Andy G and Martin Silke 2 massive chip leaders with 10 left as i left about 25 mins ago.

Just got home in record time :D

Chub/Andy guy Knocked me out in 7th i made a stand to his continious raising and pushed over his 17k raise for 50k with Kd6d he found a call with J8 os and low and behold.......:rolleyes:

Himself and Silke still runnin the show though!!

Pretty sick bubble alrite Rob, hard luck man, personally i thought it was poor form not paying the bubble, but each to their own n all that!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭Flushdraw

DK86 wrote: »
    Pretty sick bubble alrite Rob, hard luck man, personally i thought it was poor form not paying the bubble, but each to their own n all that!!

I'm not crazy on doing bubble deals myself, especially when you have a big stack and people are hanging on for the money. Its a huge advantage because tables would be 5/6 handed.

In saying that, after 7 hours play in a 118 runner event, where paying the bubble still isnt even 10% of the field, i'd probably go for it. Maybe €300 back though instead of €500. Karma etc!

thechamp87 wrote: »
    normal ****ing bs again for 13th. if chub or silky don't win it'll be a sorry day for poker.

pretty sick really.

I feel way better running JJ into KK at 12am now. Cheers!

Who won it?

Edit: I hope you live really far away from the Fitz DK86 if you got knocked out in 7th at 7am, its hardly over yet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭dagunman

ah rob, I am surprised at some who plays full time to be so naive. Good players want the bubble to last as long as possible. People playing tight at 5/6 handed tables is a chip leaders dream. After working so hard to build up a big stack why the hell would you expect chub to pay 11th and brust the bubble.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Jayminator

dagunman wrote: »
    ah rob, I am surprised at some who plays full time to be so naive. Good players want the bubble to last as long as possible. People playing tight at 5/6 handed tables is a chip leaders dream. After working so hard to build up a big stack why the hell would you expect chub to pay 11th and brust the bubble.

You are gonna tilt him now........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 345 ✭✭thenutpeddler

pretty sick really.

bad form Rob.

It's like you're naming and shaming a guy for doing what's completely in his right to do.

In the fitz EOM especially, if you've managed to build up a tank, bubble time is your opportunity to assure a top 3 + finish.

I hate when players get berrated for refusing to pay the bubble, it's nothing to do with them being mean, just effective strategy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 152 ✭✭R__J

bad form Rob.

It's like you're naming and shaming a guy for doing what's completely in his right to do.

In the fitz EOM especially, if you've managed to build up a tank, bubble time is your opportunity to assure a top 3 + finish.

I hate when players get berrated for refusing to pay the bubble, it's nothing to do with them being mean, just effective strategy.

Same B/S last month, some retarded fish cake wanted to take money off the top to give 11th and 12th €250(net loss of €20). I had above average stack at this stage so obv lol'd and then quickly refused the deal!

I feel way better running JJ into KK at 12am now. Cheers!

Who won it?

Edit: I hope you live really far away from the Fitz DK86 if you got knocked out in 7th at 7am, its hardly over yet?

Wexford! Got knocked out in 7th at aroud 5.15, so id say it went well into 7am!!

Any results??

DK86 wrote: »
    Wexford! Got knocked out in 7th at aroud 5.15, so id say it went well into 7am!!

Any results??

Rob came 11th after Andrew Grimason aka chubs aka smoothcall refused a deal to pay the bubble

scabby wnker

• Closed Accounts Posts: 306 ✭✭PiperT

bad form Rob.

All very touchy around here.

I don't think Rob meant it to come across that way. I'd say he was more pi$$ed off with his exit hand. With 119 runners paying 11/12 would make sense. He also went on to name Andy G as one of the chip leaders. Saying he berrated him is a bit harsh imo.

Who took this down in the end folks ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭strewelpeter

dagunman wrote: »
    ah rob, I am surprised at some who plays full time to be so naive. Good players want the bubble to last as long as possible.
    bad form Rob.

R__J wrote: »
    Same B/S last month, some retarded fish cake wanted to take money off the top to give 11th and 12th €250(net loss of €20). I had above average stack at this stage so obv lol'd and then quickly refused the deal!

Ah Lads have a bit of a chill

Read what Rob says, there isn't a word of a whinge or a moan about what Smoothcall did, he just states it as a fact to set the stage for a pretty sick bad beat.
    Or has the level just gone over my head?

Flushdraw wrote: »
    I'm not crazy on doing bubble deals myself, especially when you have a big stack and people are hanging on for the money. Its a huge advantage because tables would be 5/6 handed.

In saying that, after 7 hours play in a 118 runner event, where paying the bubble still isnt even 10% of the field, i'd probably go for it. Maybe €300 back though instead of €500. Karma etc!

No,as i said, each to there own, the guy who refused had a huge tank behind him and wanted to exploit the bubble and thats fair enough.

Im not berrating him for his decision, its perfectly fine, i just felt as FD says with it not even being 10% of the field and playing for so long a slight cut off top for the bubble would have been fine.

Afterall the same guy had been exploiting the bubble with about 18 remaining anyway(raising machine):pac:!! (Ah im only bitter because he dogged me for 7th!!:D)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 571 ✭✭✭smoothcall

I came second in the end, think his name was Dave who won it. vg player anyway. No deals done, he offered me a fair deal but i really wanted the outright win. But wasnt meant to be, next month....

As for the whole not paying the bubble thing. I don't get what the big deal is, Rob you obv understand that it would be terrible for me paying 11th. As it turned out the bubble burst rpretty quick , but i twas the perfect spot for me to pick up easy chips with people trying to fold into the money.

ul in that hand DK86, thought i better give ya a call or people would start shoving over me with ****e like K6.:)

Oh and a mention to silky, an absolute nightmare to play against. I eventually dogged him in a 40 60 ish.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 178 ✭✭Lady Di

Could anyone give a run down roughly of what the pay outs were?

Something like,

down to 500 for 10th

ZERO!! for 11th

Ah Lads have a bit of a chill

Read what Rob says, there isn't a word of a whinge or a moan about what Smoothcall did, he just states it as a fact to set the stage for a pretty sick bad beat.
    Or has the level just gone over my head?

firstly, there's always a touch of a level.

On a serious note Rob knows how important bubble time is for chip leaders.
    Rob should also know that a large percentage of poker players think that someone who refuses to pay the bubble is a wnker.

So I don't see what naming the guy who refuses the deal accomplishes.

My gripe is with the bubble fiasco in general, not either of the lads.

All this "bad karma" crap. It's a VITAL part of the game and nothing to do with 400 quid.

Was railing Donal at the Jp Masters, he refused a deal for the bubble and got all sorts of snide remarks, "bad karma, scabby wnker blah blah"

Saw a guy get threatened once for not paying the bubble.

If I'm short and a deal is offered, nice one! Even chance your arm if you want. But if anyone player refuses it should be dropped straight away.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭Norwich Fan Rob

whoa people, ive been completely misunderstood here, i completely agree with andys decision to not pay 11th, obv as one of the chip leaders he can gain lots of chips in that position, and its perfectly fair enough.
    i was just stating it as a fact of what happened, not having a go at all, at the time andy says, no i want to play the bubble, and i replied something like, obv, fair enough, lets play on.
    i certainly wasnt naming him to out him or anything like that, didnt think anything of it as its perfectly reasonable decision.

just to highlight my sick cooler in 11th, made even worse obv by the fact i got nothing.

well done andy on the 2nd...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭nicnicnic

smoothcall wrote: »
    No deals done, he offered me a fair deal but i really wanted the outright win. But wasnt meant to be, next month....

karma imo:rolleyes:

whoa people, ive been completely misunderstood here, i completely agree with andys decision to not pay 11th, obv as one of the chip leaders he can gain lots of chips in that position, and its perfectly fair enough.
    i was just stating it as a fact of what happened, not having a go at all, at the time andy says, no i want to play the bubble, and i replied something like, obv, fair enough, lets play on.
    i certainly wasnt naming him to out him or anything like that, didnt think anything of it as its perfectly reasonable decision.

just to highlight my sick cooler in 11th, made even worse obv by the fact i got nothing.

Ye was pretty sure thats what ya meant, was enjoying people trying to stir it though.

Look forward to the "grudge" hu match now.

and disgusting cooler btw.

• Advertisement

I came second in the end, think his name was Dave who won it. vg player anyway. No deals done, he offered me a fair deal but i really wanted the outright win. But wasnt meant to be, next month....

As for the whole not paying the bubble thing. I don't get what the big deal is, Rob you obv understand that it would be terrible for me paying 11th. As it turned out the bubble burst rpretty quick , but i twas the perfect spot for me to pick up easy chips with people trying to fold into the money.

ul in that hand DK86, thought i better give ya a call or people would start shoving over me with ****e like K6.:)

Oh and a mention to silky, an absolute nightmare to play against. I eventually dogged him in a 40 60 ish.

Lol, K6 is the nuts!! (against a maniac like u anyway!!):)

Just a pitty you didn't find the call the previous shove when i had the ladies.

wp and unlucky for the win, i thought yourself or silke would take it down.

Also i would just like to compliment the Fitz (it was my first time venturing up for the EOM) on a superb spread at the break, . Very impressive and worth every penny of the reg for the food alone let alone the excellent service. wp;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭ShipIt

WP smoothcall, think u prob deserved to take it down, I finished 9th, agree about Silky, I had him to my immediate left for the majority of it and I only started picking up chips when i moved...he also runs better than anyone i have ever witnessed...

An obvious back track. You're not fooing anyone here Rob. His facebook status changed to "Chubbs the wnkr" at 5am this morning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 872 ✭✭✭doke

An obvious back track. You're not fooing anyone here Rob. His facebook status changed to "Chubbs the wnkr" at 5am this morning.

Scary Facebook stalker alert.

ShipIt wrote: »
    WP smoothcall, think u prob deserved to take it down, I finished 9th, agree about Silky, I had him to my immediate left for the majority of it and I only started picking up chips when i moved...he also runs better than anyone i have ever witnessed...

ty, were you that young guy in seat 5ish??

and yes he runs crazy good

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭ShipIt

ty, were you that young guy in seat 5ish??

and yes he runs crazy good

Ye...seat 5 on the FT...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 aboutpoker

5starpool wrote: »
    If you are going to be late, ring 016114677 and ask for the poker desk and get your name put down. Otherwise, you will be ok for late entries until around 9.30 I think.

If i ring this number 0866055506 is ok

• Closed Accounts Posts: 178 ✭✭Lady Di

Something like,

down to 500 for 10th

ZERO!! for 11th

WOW!!! Does anyone else not agree thats seriously top heavy?

Advertisement