Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cleaner/Cleaning company wanted for 1-off house clean this Friday

Options
  • 27-05-2009 2:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Last minute panic, lots of friends coming at weekend for a look at the volvo festivities.
    Need to get a cleaner in for 4 or 5 hours on Friday, Moycullen area.
    Mainly just a general clean (house isn't manky or anything), so hoover, mop floors, change bed clothes, hide things away in cupboards type of thing.
    Have tried 3 numbers from notice board in local supermarket but no joy. Too late notice, I know, I know :o

Any ideas? Any company do this that would be good? Feel free to pm me about this if you have suggestions.

Thanks!

Comments

My mother gets this crew in every so often and she appears happy with them. Dont know how far they travel though as they are based close enough to where we live.

http://www.goldenpages.ie/detailssearch.ds;jsessionid=A6CB250D6FCFCAFC936148F22E0CE008?detailsListingId=IE_687719_3

• Registered Users Posts: 7,953 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

There are always a good few ads in the classifieds of the Advertiser for this sort of thing under "Cleaning" in the "Services" section. I'd say most people advertising there might be a bit cheaper than company cleaners and would be very glad of several hours work even for a one off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭lovelyhome

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,389 ✭✭✭inisboffin

lovelyhome wrote: »

Jaysus! 10 Euro per hour? Seriously, is it that low? I helped a friend in the States one time when he was sick. He had a house cleaning biz, and was an artist. He charged *at least* 30 bucks an hour (about 24 quid at the time). He had 3 or 4 regular clients a week and that was it.

I'd tip if the job was good at that price!

I suppose some jobs are worse than others, and you work at your same speed.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

There's enough people out of work undercutting each other these days that I'm not surprised it's 10 euro per hour.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭cL0h

inisboffin wrote: »
    Jaysus! 10 Euro per hour? Seriously, is it that low?

A lot of jobs pay minimum wage of €8.65 and you get taxed on that.
    Don't feel too bad about not knowing this. Some middle class people think broadband should be a basic human right.

cL0h wrote: »
    A lot of jobs pay minimum wage of €8.65 and you get taxed on that.
    Don't feel too bad about not knowing this. Some middle class people think broadband should be a basic human right.

You're taking the p*ss right? You're assuming I am loaded because I clean my OWN house here?:rolleyes:

My point was that when I did this myself to help a friend out, even a few years ago I made more than that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭big b

inisboffin wrote: »
    You're taking the p*ss right? You're assuming I am loaded because I clean my OWN house here?:rolleyes:

My point was that when I did this myself to help a friend out, even a few years ago I made more than that.

You probably wouldn't have got a house cleaner for a tenner an hour a couple of years ago - probably have been closer to 15.
    But with lots of cleaners on the dole, €50 each from 3 or 4 houses a week is a nice little nixer for them.

More importantly, given the post above yours - do you now feel guilty for being able to afford one? ;)

big b wrote: »
    You probably wouldn't have got a house cleaner for a tenner an hour a couple of years ago - probably have been closer to 15.
    But with lots of cleaners on the dole, €50 each from 3 or 4 houses a week is a nice little nixer for them.

More importantly, given the post above yours - do you now feel guilty for being able to afford one? ;)

Ha ha! Who said I could afford one? The work I did was in a better-off area of a city in the States too. But still, at that tenner price, 2 pints gets you an hour of cleaning!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭lovelyhome

• Advertisement

Yeah, fair play to them. It can be hard work, depending on the job. I am going to tell a few people I know who would sacrifice their 2 pints or fish and chips, in order not to have to deal with their kitchen!:D

Advertisement