Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

NCT Emissions Fail / Emissions testing?

• 27-05-2009 2:13pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 61 ✭✭

My car (2000 opel astra 1.2l) failed the NCT today on emissions. The results were:
    85 degrees C
    Low Idle: 800rpm
    CO 7.41% (limit 0.5%)

High Idle: 3030 rpm
    Lambda 0.873 (limit 0.97 to 1.03)
    CO 4.37% (limit 0.3%)
    HC 243ppm (limit 200 ppm)

Obviously its a fairly massive failure and was just wondering has anyone got any ideas what would cause it? The warning light has been coming on for a while with the fault code for the lambda sensor. I replaced this around a year ago which cleared the light but it came back a few months later. The guy at the centre said it was more than likely the cat converter and to get the emissions tested/analysed. Any recommendations of somewhere around dublin 8/fonthill/lucan that might do this for a reasonable price? If not anywhere else in dublin?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 61 ✭✭donnchaw

Anyone? Even the name of somewhere to get the testing done would be massively appreciated?

There has been many recent threads about emissions. Your car runs very very rich. My guess would be be engine/inlet temperature sensor (indicating that it's -50 celcius outside) or airflow meter (do Corsas have airflow meter). I don't think it is the lambda sensor as the emissions are so badly off. The chances are that the cat may be a goner as well if it has been driven like that for a long time.

You can either change component at the time or take it to e.g. Mc Namara's in Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭celica1994

im having the same problem, replaced the lamda sensor but they recon it could be a map sensor problem now,

Advertisement