Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford Airport Flights !

• 27-05-2009 2:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 36

Any idea when they will fly to malaga

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,657 ✭✭✭trishw78

have you checked the aer arann website

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 533 ✭✭✭baronflyguy

Hi OP,

I had a quick look at Waterford Airports website, it says they aren't currently taking in bookings and didn't really elaborate when they will be.
    http://www.waterfordairport.ie/ns/content/view/31/75/

You might be lucky enough and get a reply here from someone who works in Waterford Airport and can tell you BUT if I was you, I'd shoot an email to [EMAIL="info@waterfordairport.ie?subject=%20Enquiry%20%28Link%20from%20Waterford%20Airport%20website%29"]info@waterfordairport.ie[/EMAIL] and see what they tell you, might be quicker.

Update this thread with the reply you get just in case someone else is interested in knowing.

- BFG

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,191 ✭✭✭kensutz

Not this year

The Aer Arann Waterford to Galway flight was great. I used it a few times and I knew a lot who used it at least twice a year. Pity that route got cancelled.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,040 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Kensutz is correct, these flights to Malaga and Faro will not be operating from Waterford this season

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭KingLoser

What about Amsterdam?

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,040 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

KingLoser wrote: »
    What about Amsterdam?

I think they were dropped earlier this year also

The Galway-Waterford-Amsterdam Route was cancelled around mid Jan this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,272 ✭✭✭merlante

On a positive note, I take the Waterford-London Luton route regularly and it is always well subscribed. Sometimes it is 100% full. So this route, and hence the viability of the whole airport, should not be in any danger.

Luton is an Easyjet hub so this connection is brilliant. Often you can do Aer Arann + Easyjet for the same price or less than, say, Bus/Train/Car + Aer Lingus out of Dublin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

merlante wrote: »
    On a positive note, I take the Waterford-London Luton route regularly and it is always well subscribed. Sometimes it is 100% full. So this route, and hence the viability of the whole airport, should not be in any danger.

Luton is an Easyjet hub so this connection is brilliant. Often you can do Aer Arann + Easyjet for the same price or less than, say, Bus/Train/Car + Aer Lingus out of Dublin.

Why did I never think of that, I must look into it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,272 ✭✭✭merlante

ziedth wrote: »
    Why did I never think of that, I must look into it.

I'm actually surprised it isin't advertised by either the Airport or Aer Arann or both.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭Kotek Besar

I hope to God they don't cut the Waterford-Birmingham route.

I'm all booked up to fly KLM from Birmingham-Amsterdam-Singapore and back at the end of the year. If Aer Arann go and cancel the WAT-BHX route I'll be well cheesed off.

I made the same trip last year and it was brilliant. Much better than DUB-AMS-SIN which is what I did the year before. I know flying from Waterford is an extra leg, plus more expensive (slightly), but I for one hate the 3-4 hour bus journey from here up to Dublin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭daftdave

the train is the only way to travel to dublin (unless u have a helicopter or plane) , plenty of room, ur not stuck in a crappy cramped bus seat , i know its more expensive but if you can afford it, its well worth the extra few bob.

2 1/2 hrs and you are in heuston , luas outside the door , bus outside the door to the airport .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,218 ✭✭✭Junior

Only problem is if you get in at an odd time of the morning - you'll find the trains aren't running.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭old gregg

daftdave wrote: »
    the train is the only way to travel to dublin (unless u have a helicopter or plane) , plenty of room, ur not stuck in a crappy cramped bus seat , i know its more expensive but if you can afford it, its well worth the extra few bob.

2 1/2 hrs and you are in heuston , luas outside the door , bus outside the door to the airport .
    with freshly ground coffee and just out of the oven Danish pastries delivered to your seat :p

yea, love the train

Advertisement