Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quick Geography Question..

Options
  • 27-05-2009 2:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭

just a bit confused over the wording of a question...

2006 - Q5 - B

Describe how any two of the following have influenced human activities in a
    continental/sub-continental region that you have studied:
    Climate
    Soil
    Relief
    Drainage

just wondering if human activities means farming/agriculture etc or is it migration patterns and such?

the sample e-xamit answer just gives an overview of the four factors, no reference to any human activivites really..

its probably obvious but my head is a bit melted!

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,229 ✭✭✭pathway33

are the e-xamit answers the same as the answers on www.examinations.ie ?

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭christina_x

just a bit confused over the wording of a question...

2006 - Q5 - B

Describe how any two of the following have influenced human activities in a
    continental/sub-continental region that you have studied:
    Climate
    Soil
    Relief
    Drainage

just wondering if human activities means farming/agriculture etc or is it migration patterns and such?

the sample e-xamit answer just gives an overview of the four factors, no reference to any human activivites really..

its probably obvious but my head is a bit melted!

thanks
    hmm.. im not sure because im crap at geog, my teacher doesnt teach us (instead he spends his days talkin about ralph lauren but thats a story for another day) so we all just finished the course ourselves.

but would it be like farming in india?
    maybe climate would be the monsoons and then drainage would be the bramaputra (is that the name?) like.. isnt there great soil near that?

im probably dead wrong but i hope it triggered something anyways!

Human activities are ethnicity and language, religion, development, settlement, population dynamics (migration) etc.

So it's asking you how do any two of climate, soil, relief or drainage affect some (or all) of the above.

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭aisling.laura

pathway33 wrote: »
    are the e-xamit answers the same as the answers on www.examinations.ie ?

no they're just sample answers.
    examinations.ie just tells ya how many SRPs you need for each long question, only gives actual answers for the short questions.
    Human activities are ethnicity and language, religion, development, settlement, population dynamics (migration) etc.

So it's asking you how do any two of climate, soil, relief or drainage affect some (or all) of the above.

thanks, i thought it was that but i wasnt sure because i thought all those things were human processes, wasn't sure if they were the same.

A1 in the mocks, wouldn't think it now :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭awhir

how relife and climate effect agriculture

• Advertisement
Advertisement