Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New Laptop - Problems connecting via 3 mobile BB

• 27-05-2009 2:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

I've recently upgraded my laptop but am now having difficulty connecting to 3. I have uploaded the software from the 3 dongle but when I click on connect I get an error message saying ' Connection failed ' with the error number being 720. I am using Windows Xp and have disabled firewall and have no anti-virus running. I have good signal strength.

Any ideas on how to overcome this issue would be gratefully accepted :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭ttm

Whats the OS and modem? Older E220 modems would need upgrading the software before they would work on Vista and also need installing as administrator but otherwise the error is covered by the MS technet article here if you have the symtoms as described at the beging of the article "Additionally, when you view the devices in Device Manager, you may notice a yellow exclamation mark (!) over the icon for the WAN Miniport IP (#2) device." then you don't worry too much that is says the article related to Win 2000 as you can get similar issues in XP.

I can't recommend the fix as I've not tried it but harvest seems to have fixed the problem with a similar issue here , but don't call me if it all goes pair shaped as its a bit drastic, I'd also make sure I had all the relevant driver disks or downloads handy first just in case his repair fix didn't work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 422 ✭✭CCSL

720 is an authentication error message it might relate to your
    Point to point protocol settings on the modem device in newtworking

go to the properties of the device in network and dialup settings then look for PPP and ensure LCP is enabled.

Should fix it ;) if not try uninstalling the software removing the device from device manager and starting over!:P

Advertisement