Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

longwood

Options
  • 27-05-2009 2:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 675 ✭✭✭

anyone from the area know anything about this? had 2 guys from Eircom at the door yesterday telling me they were hoping to have broadband in the area within the next month. there are a lot of problems with broadband just now, ICE being the main company and the service is brutal. these 2 were saying that they were going around the doors and seeing if they could get enough people who said they wanted it, if so what they had to do first was have phone line connected. the first bill would be a part bill of €12, and if broadband isn't in before next month is out then we can cancel and not go ahead with it, but they fully expect it to be in. i have to say this would be a relief as whats there already is shocking.
    the thing is, on the site it says there are no plans to have eircom broadband in the area for the foreseeable future, and when i call them they say the same thing.

so tell me, are the 2 guys going round the doors at it, they never got bank details or money so there's no gain for them, but what were they doing offering something that the sales team who answer phones couldn't confirm????

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 985 ✭✭✭spadder

Check your back door before you talk to people at the front door

• Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭TheNog

poindexter wrote: »
    anyone from the area know anything about this? had 2 guys from Eircom at the door yesterday telling me they were hoping to have broadband in the area within the next month. there are a lot of problems with broadband just now, ICE being the main company and the service is brutal. these 2 were saying that they were going around the doors and seeing if they could get enough people who said they wanted it, if so what they had to do first was have phone line connected. the first bill would be a part bill of €12, and if broadband isn't in before next month is out then we can cancel and not go ahead with it, but they fully expect it to be in. i have to say this would be a relief as whats there already is shocking.
    the thing is, on the site it says there are no plans to have eircom broadband in the area for the foreseeable future, and when i call them they say the same thing.

so tell me, are the 2 guys going round the doors at it, they never got bank details or money so there's no gain for them, but what were they doing offering something that the sales team who answer phones couldn't confirm????

Did they show ID or did you ask for some?

Were they driving an Eircom van/car?

Did they seem genuine to you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 675 ✭✭✭poindexter

spadder wrote: »
    Check your back door before you talk to people at the front door
    back door is well n truly locked, someone else in the house anyway
    TheNog wrote: »
    Did they show ID or did you ask for some?

Were they driving an Eircom van/car?

Did they seem genuine to you?
    they had ID and Eircom van and jackets on. really am wondering why they are offering something then when i go online or call them i get a different response

• Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭TheNog

poindexter wrote: »
    they had ID and Eircom van and jackets on. really am wondering why they are offering something then when i go online or call them i get a different response

I'd say they were just getting a feel for any potential of a market in Longwood for the broadband. You know getting number of residents interested before making the plunge and spending money on what could be a gamble and flop

Advertisement