Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Used Canon Telephoto Lens

• 27-05-2009 2:59pm
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭

Anyone looking for a used Canon Telephoto Prime.

This could be the bargain you are looking for.

I cannot buy it as it would not fit my D300.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,967 ✭✭✭mrmac

OMG :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

I don't have the money on me, but I can get it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,657 ✭✭✭trishw78

WHAT!!! JEBUS if I had that kinda money lying around I'd pay off a huge chunk off the mortgage first

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 85 ✭✭steelydan99

36 lbs in weight:eek:, you could be looking at a serious session in the gym for that one.:D:D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

trishw78 wrote: »
    WHAT!!! JEBUS if I had that kinda money lying around I'd pay off a huge chunk off the mortgage first

That just shows that you are not truly dedicated to your Art :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,657 ✭✭✭trishw78

36 lbs in weight:eek:, you could be looking at a serious session in the gym for that one.:D:D

nah! it's 36lbs + the rest of your gear besides if you can afford that lens then you could probably afford to pay someone else to carry it for you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

Sure, you could just shoot from your house... get a 2x extender if needed... :pac:

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,517 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

If we all add money together we can buy it and do a lens share, somebody is going to have to have a security guard with it though :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,924 ✭✭✭Nforce

What...no f2.8 version???:p

It'd be perfect for any wannabe celeb paparazzi type 'tog. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭Ricky91t

This is so last year :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭ThOnda

That is even not an IS version, I wouldn't lover my standards...

Well... :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭thatsnotmyname

This is great the net the only place to shop !:pac: :pac: :pac:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

They have a sense of humour.
    The Canon 1200/5.6L USM, the longest fixed telephoto lens ever built by Canon, contains 13 elements (2 Fluorite) in 10 groups and focus' down to 49.5'. With an angle-of- view of about 2° on a full-frame 35 mm camera, calling this lens a 'tele' is like calling King Kong a monkey.

Built-to-order by Canon from 1993 to 2005, each lens was hand-crafted at the rate of about 2-per-year and a delivery time of about 18 months. Only a dozen-or-so were ever made. Who bought them? National Geographic magazine and Sports Illustrated are known to own a couple, the Feds probably have a few squirreled away somewhere, and a few well-heeled photo enthusiasts.

Apart from a few minor cosmetic blemishes, this particular lens is extremely clean inside and out. Included with this lens is a leather slip-on 'lens cap', a fitted aluminum trunk case, and a prodigious measure of ego satisfaction. Weighing in at over 36lbs and an overall length of 33 inches, a sturdy tripod and pan/tilt head is highly recommended. Pack mule not included.

Advertisement