Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

top 5 favourite current players

Options
  • 27-05-2009 3:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19,231 ✭✭✭✭

Title says it all, note that it's favourite and not best

1. Derrick Rose-when he develops his 3 point shot he'll be unstoppable, really enjoy watching him
    2. Kevin Durant-Great player and only finished his 2nd season. Can hit from 3, midrange and is a great dunker.
    3. LeBron-just a beast, once he gets the head of steam he is unstoppable and more times than not is a treat to watch
    4. Rudy Fernandez-Helped turn the Blazers into a playoff team and could be a great player in the making
    5. Ray Allen-An all-time great imo, makes the big shots and hits the 3 with amazing regularity

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭Xrox

1. Billups
    2. Wade
    3. Mello
    4. Garnett
    5. Nowitzki

This be my favourite 5 at the moment as i could actually see them gelling as they have complimentry skill sets and none of there egos are too big right now so they wont mind sharing the lime light in order to play as a team.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

1) Birdman - he's just awesome, especially when he gets a big dunk or big block.
    2) Wade - He looks too small to be able to do some of the stuff he does.
    3) LeBron - When he's taking it at full steam in the open court to the basket he's unbelievable.
    4) Chris Paul - Best PG in the league, defence as well as offence.
    Tied
    5) Shaq - Still one of my favs, a charismatic monster on the court.
    5) Derrick Rose - Like Wade he does everything well.

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭Xrox

lafortezza wrote: »
    1) Birdman - he's just awesome, especially when he gets a big dunk or big block.

Damn forgot the birdman so ill have him as my sixth man :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,066 ✭✭✭Sea Devils

PG: Chris Paul
    SG: Dwayne Wade
    SF: Anthony Randolph
    PF: Birdman
    C: Tim Duncan (has played centre before)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,980 ✭✭✭Carcharodon

Sea Devils wrote: »
    PG: Chris Paul
    SG: Dwayne Wade
    SF: Anthony Randolph
    PF: Birdman
    C: Tim Duncan (has played centre before)

I like this, maybe Yao instead of Duncan.
    Have really enjoyed watching Rose, Fernandez,Billups this year also.

Almost forgot Parker, love watching him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,497 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

1. LeBron - Just cause he is that far ahead of the rest.
    2. Kevn Garnett - Legend in Boston now and he is such a great player.
    3. Paul Pierce - You are getting the picture now I'm a Celtics fan, this guy has been class for years.
    4. Hedo Turkoglu - Just love watching the guy, so exciting and a great clutch player.
    5. Brian Scalbrine - The guys has so much heart and he gives his all everytime he plays. Not the best by any means but I just like him.

Special mentions for the Birdman who I'm really getting to like during the playoffs.
    And an old favourite, Marcus Camby. I followed the guy when he was in college in UMass, seen him play many times up in Amherst.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

Add Ron Artest to my list also. He's about as un-PC as you can get for an NBA player these days.

http://www.nba.com/video/nbatv/
    Go to "Best of NBA Playoffs Postgame".

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭Tim131

Pierce
    Wade
    Bryant
    Carter
    Mcgrady

Pierce is definately my favourite, and whilst I like lBJ, he doesn't make the cut to my final 5!

• Registered Users Posts: 740 ✭✭✭Cremated

PG: Steve Nash/Dirk Nowitzki
    SG: Dwayne Wade/Kobe Bryant
    SF: Lebron James/ Ron Artest/Paul Pierce --- probably doesn't count that I have put three down...
    PF: Kevin Garnett
    C: Shaquille O'Neal

I'll go with that for now...

Advertisement