Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Easier to live with - Guys or Girls

Options
  • 27-05-2009 3:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 42

I am currently living with two girls in a three bed appartment. One girl is about to move out so we are going to start looking for a new flatmate. Its a lovely big appartment with lots of space and we feel we havent been using it to its best advantage. We want to have a great summer and year in it.

Do you think we should get guy or girl to move in? I know guys can be really messy but I think they could change the atmosphere a bit, for the better in a more relaxed, fun way. We dont want someone that we already know.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 redapple

Oh and I am a girl also..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,164 ✭✭✭hobochris

Its entirely your choice.

Girls can also be really messy, in fact believe it or not they are often a lot more messy then there male counterparts...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 324 ✭✭radioactiveman

Yeah but by and large girls are not as messy and have some idea about cleaning up after themselves. And their farts are smaller:D

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

It depends.....
    Its not valid to suggest that either girls or guys are easier to live with. It depends on your temperment, and how you relate to others- along with theirs. If you're fine with members of the opposite sex wandering around the house half naked- or a potentially high maintenance guy or girl hogging the bathroom- so be it. I wouldn't necessarily rule anyone in or out until I had met them, chatted with them, and saw whether I could get on with them or not. Some people are weird- totally weird. They could be equally guys or girls.

From experience- I've shared with both guys and girls in the past. I found girls easier to get on with (memories of awakening one morning to find my flatmate (a guy) had managed to somehow disassemble an entire bus shelter and reconstruct it overnight in the living room......

Whats fun for one person, is a nightmare for another.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 redapple

Yeah but by and large girls are not as messy and have some idea about cleaning up after themselves. And their farts are smaller:D

Yeah the fart thing could be a problem...I cant handle them! I gag!

But I know girls can be messy too. I am not the neatest myself but I think I am a considerate house mate. I think sometimes its all too polite with all girls. Like too much small talk or catching up. I like the informality of guys, how they dont always feel the need to cover all bases when you come home ie; how was you day? hows so and so... like you can just flop down on the couch and grunt hello. Does that make sense?Without me sounding socially retarded!

• Advertisement
Advertisement