Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Are we the only country not doing it ......

• 27-05-2009 3:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭

I'm talking about scrappage schemes of one sort of another. While looking at MSN I found this article

http://articles.moneycentral.msn.com/SavingandDebt/SaveonaCar/could-your-clunker-bring-you-4500-dollars.aspx

The U.K. is doing it and it's been by all accounts a great success in Germany, I still can't understand why it wasn't brought in here. Even if it was brought in here tomorrow with the way cars are bought, most people buying them early in the year, it would have little effect. I know most people have as much sympathy for stealers, sorry dealers as they do for builders right now but the motor industry is a huge employer and any scheme of this sort is revenue neutral at absolute worst for any government...... It just makes no sense...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

Unlike many European countries, we don't make cars.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,102 ✭✭✭✭Drummerboy08

The problem is, the last scrappage scheme got rid of most of the dodgy motors. There's too many decent cars on the road for it to work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭leeroybrown

Not this again. Do a search and dig up one of the previous threads about it. I posted a number of times on one of them and don't have time (or interest) to wade through the same old arguments again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

Not this again. Do a search and dig up one of the previous threads about it. I posted a number of times on one of them and don't have time (or interest) to wade through the same old arguments again.
    Good point, actually.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement