Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Eiffel 65 - I'm Blue

• 27-05-2009 3:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 446 ✭✭

You may remember this tune from the late 90's.

The chorus goes "I'm blue daba dee daba di".....or so I thought.

When this came on the car radio recently, my friend pointed out that in fact the chorus is a distorted "I'm nude and in need of a guy". I can kind of hear it too since he mentioned it. He claimed it was a major gay anthem! Is he telling the truth? Somebody clear this up!

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

:D I'm definitely not going to go and hurt my ears listening to that to pick out its gay undertones! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,494 ✭✭✭francois

Sounds like a load of arse to me...I'll get my coat

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

Yeah, probably a cock and bull story... :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,068 ✭✭✭DenMan

What a load of todger

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

phenomenon wrote: »
    You may remember this tune from the late 90's.

The chorus goes "I'm blue daba dee daba di".....or so I thought.

When this came on the car radio recently, my friend pointed out that in fact the chorus is a distorted "I'm nude and in need of a guy". I can kind of hear it too since he mentioned it. He claimed it was a major gay anthem! Is he telling the truth? Somebody clear this up!
    You're friend is right, you are gay.

• Advertisement

There was definitely an "s" sound in there somewhere. To me it sounded like "I'm blue I must eat I will die". Either way it was some horrible **** and now you've made me remember it again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Ali27

Yeah when it first came out I heard that too.... Funny words really you'd thnk they could come up with something better

Ali27 wrote: »
    Yeah when it first came out I heard that too.... Funny words really you'd thnk they could come up with something better

Or preferably not come up with anything at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,169 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Thats bull.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 668 ✭✭✭FLYNN-DOG

It was also allegedly "if i o.d'd i would die"

Either way, it's awful

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 359 ✭✭t0mm

There's stories about that with every song. Led Zep's stairway to heaven was supposed to be all about Satan if you played it backwards, I think it even got banned in a few places because of that rumour...

t0mm wrote: »
    There's stories about that with every song. Led Zep's stairway to heaven was supposed to be all about Satan if you played it backwards

Yep.

And Orbital's 'Satan' sounds lke 'Stairway to Heaven' if you play it backwards.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭Jay D

I'm blue I od'd and I died was the original wording of the tune, had to be changed. True story.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 444 ✭✭franklyshocked

Funniest thread in ages.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭jonny68

jaysus i have some memories of scoring some culchie mot in Turkey while that dreadful song was playing in some cheesy bar :o:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭markious

Well there it it is - Funny thread - Terrible song

• Closed Accounts Posts: 677 ✭✭✭RaverRo808

How dare you all slate this classic tune,such power and emotion,'I HAVE A BLUE HOUSE WITH A BLUE WINDOW,I HAVE A GIRLFRIEND AND SHE IS SO BLUE',amazing:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭rcaz

OP, is you serious?

I think your friend 'won' by getting you to make this thread :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭markious

RaverRo808 wrote: »
    How dare you all slate this classic tune,such power and emotion,'I HAVE A BLUE HOUSE WITH A BLUE WINDOW,I HAVE A GIRLFRIEND AND SHE IS SO BLUE',amazing:D

you series??? its terrible :eek: lol.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭ProperDeadly

"I'm blue, if I was green I would die" I think that was another one of the misheard versions of this song!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,592 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Jay D wrote: »
    I'm blue I od'd and I died was the original wording of the tune, had to be changed. True story.

I don't think cheesey Italian pop mongers would actually have lyrics that serious, to be honest. People are reading far too much in to an utterly terrible track.

Which I heard on the radio a week or two ago, scarily.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 mango1888

well get used to start hearing it on radio and nightclubs.
    the eejit himself flo rida has farted out a tune with rihanna singin the hook of the eiffel 65 song as a chorus in some ****e auto tune r'n'b track.

god help us

• Closed Accounts Posts: 677 ✭✭✭RaverRo808

'I HAVE A BLUE HOUSE WITH A BLUE WINDOW,BLUE IS THE COLOUR OF THE CLOTHES THAT I WEAR,BLUE IS WHAT I DO AND WHAT I THINK,IF ID A GIRLFRIEND THEN SHE WOULD BE BLUE............IM BLUE DA BA DE DA BA DO,ALA DE BE DABBA DO,IF I WAS GREEN I WOULD DIE',so powerful,so emotional,its up there with bohemian rhaspody and Motzarts third opus

• Registered Users Posts: 30 mango1888

those lyrics just touch my soul....................................man :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 686 ✭✭✭insert-gear

I remember all those rumours at the time it came out. There was also "If that was me I would die" and "I believe I will die"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 463 ✭✭JoeSchmoe

but he says he has a girlfriend, who is so blue, so how is he gay? but perhaps her blue depression is the result of her beloved boyfriend is on the turn, sexually speaking, before her very eyes

Advertisement