Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

In-port Racing Vantage Point

Options
  • 27-05-2009 3:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 708 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Maybe this has been discussed already in the Volvo Ocean Race thread but it's too long to read through everything. Apart from Salthill where would it be possible to get a decent view of the in-port racing and the Red Arrows?
    Also what time are they on at?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 868 ✭✭✭DonalN

yea I was wondering would I be able to see anything from Barna pier?

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭greeneyedspirit

DonalN wrote: »
    yea I was wondering would I be able to see anything from Barna pier?

possibly yes, actually. The race will be out somewhere in Galway Bay (no, NOT out to the Aran Islands), so from Barna, you should see them.
    Might be less busy than town, as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭spurscormac

Anyone know if there's a practice session tomorrow, Friday, to test out the boats after repairs?
    Read it in the Galway Independent yesterday, was listed as TBC, so not sure if it will go ahead.

Would like to see it if its on, as I'm going to Paris for the weekend & will miss the In Port racing.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,498 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

has the exact course been released yet@?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 812 ✭✭✭gary82

Anyone know if there's a practice session tomorrow, Friday, to test out the boats after repairs?

I would have expected the boats to just go off and practive themselves whenever they wanted.

Ericsson 4 seems to have the whole thing completely under control - they're barely up getting repairs at all, just polishing it up and taking it out on the bay for a spin! When I passed yesterday the lads were just having a hose-fight on deck.

• Advertisement
Advertisement