Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Free Weekend: Unreal Tournament 3 Black on Steam

Options
  • 27-05-2009 3:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 83,297 ✭✭✭✭

Begins tomorrow.

Preload link, [url]steam://install/13210[/url]
    Store Page: http://store.steampowered.com/app/13210/

Any good? $20. Dont know a thing about it. Only UT I played was 2004 and that was admittedly pretty fun.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,500 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

Oh, posted a thread in the UT forum without noticing this.:)

I like UT3 myself, the only problem with it was a lack of players and that has changed over the last few months.

I would recommend that people try it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭ProjectColossus

I think I saw this retail for €10 in HMV recently, you could grab the serial and register it on Steam. I think it's good, flawed perhaps, the campaign is dire for example, but it looks great and seems farily well balanced to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

I bought UT3 at retail for €20 about a year ago. It is one of the few retail games that you can add directly to steam - i.e. just plug in the CD key and you have the full steam version. I preferred UT2004 though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭Krieg

I like UT3 myself, the only problem with it was a lack of players and that has changed over the last few months.
    So theres more players now?
    I played it for a few hours over the first week and the lack of players/servers put me off and I uninstalled it. Might give it a go again

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Personally I think Unreal is the poorer cousin of Quake...and I doubt with QuakeLive going down the free route that Unreal is going to do any better. Will prob give the trial a go (although I have tried the game a few times - Original UT was good....but Quake was still better :))

🤪

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,500 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

Krieg wrote: »
    So theres more players now?
    I played it for a few hours over the first week and the lack of players/servers put me off and I uninstalled it. Might give it a go again

Yes, ever since they started offering free weekends and bonus packs the game has been getting quite a lot of publicity.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭Burgo

Havent played it in ages,might give in another go. its €10.50 from play http://www.play.com/Games/PC/4-/601818/Unreal-Tournament-III/Product.html

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Sabre0001 wrote: »
    Personally I think Unreal is the poorer cousin of Quake...and I doubt with QuakeLive going down the free route that Unreal is going to do any better. Will prob give the trial a go (although I have tried the game a few times - Original UT was good....but Quake was still better :))

Quake Live is crap, I dont know if its still in BETA or Live now or what ?

• Registered Users Posts: 83,297 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Oh, posted a thread in the UT forum without noticing this.:)
    pah. I prefer the one forum method myself. Games general isnt so overly active. The TF2 steampowered forum - thats the nightmare. Happy modding!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

SeantheMan wrote: »
    Quake Live is crap, I dont know if its still in BETA or Live now or what ?

QuakeLive is still beta. But Quake 3 is the deathmatch game that all others aspire to be (QL will get there...)

🤪

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭koHd

Free weekends were an awesome idea.

Would never even have considered TF2 or UT. But have got both for the free weekends. And definitely buying TF2. Could well buy UT if it impresses also.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Nice!
    I'll have to install this again and kick some ass in insta now that there's going to be a few more heads online...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

ut3 was a step backwards imo.
    more random
    more shiny
    more multiball fun round-esque sh1t
    nerfed movement
    sh1t weapon balance

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

i do think ut2004 is better than ut3, no doubt.

but its still an excellent game. also, didnt know i could plug my cd key straight into steam. thanks :D will get right on that after work

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

I tried UT3 and couldn't help but constantly feeling "why should I play this over UT2004?"

It isn't superior in any way (except graphically) and I have so much content already for UT2004, why would I move over to it?

There needs to be some hook, and UT3 just doesn't have it.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

L31mr0d wrote: »
    I tried UT3 and couldn't help but constantly feeling "why should I play this over UT2004?"

It isn't superior in any way (except graphically) and I have so much content already for UT2004, why would I move over to it?

There needs to be some hook, and UT3 just doesn't have it.

new modes?
    new maps?
    new weapons?

i think when it came out, people expected revolution, but all they got was evolution.

I still think its a fantastic game though

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

new modes?
    new maps?
    new weapons?

I'll probably give it a go again this weekend. Probably another factor was that no one I knew anywhere online was really playing it, or bothering to quit UT2004 (I had assumed a mass exodus like what happened with CS:S)

Advertisement