Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3 Week old Samoyed puppies!!!!

Options
  • 27-05-2009 4:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭

Hey All,

Went to see other breeder today and picked my pup (a dog) :) (well it's one of two anyway :) ) so thought I'd show a pic and ye can help me pick a name!!

The pups are just over 3 weeks old at them moment!

A8C0232BE73148A7AE810174A451CB74.jpg

The one on the left was my favourite when I tickled his chin he would just roll his head as if to go .. ' Ahhh so nice ... '

Right so I'm thinking of boy names for a Samoyed dog...
    I'm thinking of names like
    Chako - which means heart
    Gunnar - Nordic - Brave warrior
    Nilak - chipped ice
    Qannik - snowflake
    Nanook - cute, kind
    Nanuk - polar bear

So does anyone have a preference of a name above or something to add to my list? I am awful at picking the perfect name. I had such problems picking my dwarf hamsters names when I was 10 that took weeks!! :rolleyes:

Thanks for the help:)

*edit* took pic of females off as I do not want to offend owner (as 'm not buying the females)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭ISDW

Obviously you've been to see them, so you're happy with the conditions that they're being kept in, it looks like a barn in those photos. Nothing wrong with dogs being bred outside as long as its dry, warm etc but it just looks very open to me.

We have a Nannuq.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

Why are they all pink?

• Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭jen_23

Hey ISDW,

Yes I was happy with the conditions they were in. Safe, secure, clean and access to loads of food.

It wasn't a barn that the pups were in something like a farm storage house?? It had a roof and door on it anyway. The pups were well sheltered from any wind or rain.
    (trust me I've seen puppies that have been bred in very bad conditions - these were perfectly fine and I was really happy with them)

The breeder was highly recommended by one of the best known Sammy breeders in Ireland as well.
    There are also kids in the household so the pups are being handled everyday too which is great. I met the mom too and she was a lovely dog.

Here's another photo of the boy I got to hold :)
    15570BC4EDB044138E98604F86A4635A.jpg

andreac wrote: »
    Why are they all pink?

The breeder had put down a pink carpet in the birthing area that he had set up for the mom and it ran into their little coats. Poor pets.
    But other than a little hairdye :o they were perfectly happy and healthy.

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭Morganna

Gunnar or chako

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Red Hornet

Hey beautiful looking Sammys (even with the mishap hair dye:P)
    Bet you can't wait to get him home.

Names my favourite is Nanuk though how about the irish for polar bear? Anyone know it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 312 ✭✭cloudy day

OMG they soooo cute.... i want one. how about pink!

no? - i guess nanuk. good suggestion on the irish for polar bear red hornet, wonder what that is.

why not a girl though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭bushy...

Lovely pup , ya must be over the moon
    Jordbær - strawberry

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭Call me Socket

cloudy day wrote: »
    how about pink!
    You could be onto something there Cloudy Day.... How about Floyd?!?:D

I like Qannik.... is it pronounced 'Kan-ick'?
    They're both beautiful pups Jen... I think the one on the left has a slightly bigger/stronger build...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭x in the city

jen_23 wrote: »
    Hey All,

Went to see other breeder today and picked my pup (a dog) :) (well it's one of two anyway :) ) so thought I'd show a pic and ye can help me pick a name!!

The pups are just over 3 weeks old at them moment!

A8C0232BE73148A7AE810174A451CB74.jpg

The one on the left was my favourite when I tickled his chin he would just roll his head as if to go .. ' Ahhh so nice ... '

Right so I'm thinking of boy names for a Samoyed dog...
    I'm thinking of names like
    Chako - which means heart
    Gunnar - Nordic - Brave warrior
    Nilak - chipped ice
    Qannik - snowflake
    Nanook - cute, kind
    Nanuk - polar bear

So does anyone have a preference of a name above or something to add to my list? I am awful at picking the perfect name. I had such problems picking my dwarf hamsters names when I was 10 that took weeks!! :rolleyes:

Thanks for the help:)

*edit* took pic of females off as I do not want to offend owner (as 'm not buying the females)

Very Cute, congrats

• Advertisement

Names my favourite is Nanuk though how about the irish for polar bear? Anyone know it?
    Thats a really good suggestion. I tried looking it up but couldn't find it. Must do some more digging in a min.
    cloudy day wrote: »
    OMG they soooo cute.... i want one. how about pink!

no? - i guess nanuk. good suggestion on the irish for polar bear red hornet, wonder what that is.

why not a girl though.

lol :) I am really liking nanuk since they really do look like baby polar bears!!
    I'm going for a boy simply because I won't be getting the dog neutered as he will be shown as well so if I have a female when she is in heat twice a year I will have dogs from all around the country side sniffing around the house...
    We have gates but they can jump into the field next door and get into our back garden.
    As the garden isn't fenced more than to keep the cows in the farmers field next door I'm getting a large pen enclosure but I can only imagine my Dads face waking up in the morning and seeing our Dog in the pen surrounded outside by every dog from a 10 mile radius:eek:

So boy dog definitly easier ... (for now:) )
    Lovely pup , ya must be over the moon
    Jordbær - strawberry
    Absolutely adore him! We nearly bought the litter yest they were all so cute :)
    Haha very good suggestion bushy thanks.
    You could be onto something there Cloudy Day.... How about Floyd?!?

I like Qannik.... is it pronounced 'Kan-ick'?
    They're both beautiful pups Jen... I think the one on the left has a slightly bigger/stronger build...
    I really like floyd!! really good suggestion. Everyone thought that was good when I said it.
    I think that's how you pronounce it :o
    I agree with you. The guy on the left was so adorable and had perky little ears. Though the guy on the right was steadier on his feet when we put them down (I suppose they are 3 weeks old :rolleyes:)
    I asked though if there was anyway to tell the guy on the left from the guy on the right and he said not at the moment so I'll have to go back up when they have been chipped to pick again :(

They can put little collars or coloured string on them to tell the difference so you could have done something like that so you know which is your pup when you go back to get him. Was there many on the litter altogether?

I think with Samoyeds the ears must stand up when mature, and that is needed for showing as if they dont it is counted as a fault.

Thanks Andreac. I think the guy I liked was also a little pinker :o so I might ring the owner and ask if he wouldn't mind. There were only 2 dogs in the litter 4 were females. So really Only my guy would have to have a piece of string or something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 cojak1

can u please give me the contact details of the samoyed breeder,im lukin 4 a puppy

• Registered Users Posts: 4,974 ✭✭✭Chris_Heilong

I was trying to Adopt a lovely female Samoyed call Jessie but someone else got to her first, so I am going to buy one instead. Where is the breeder based? If its not too much trouble can you pm me their number?

Is the breeder going to let them go at 8 weeks or hold onto them a bit longer?

I was trying to Adopt a lovely female Samoyed call Jessie but someone else got to her first, so I am going to buy one instead. Where is the breeder based? If its not too much trouble can you pm me their number?

Is the breeder going to let them go at 8 weeks or hold onto them a bit longer?

This thread is over a year old so im sure these pups are well homed by now....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,974 ✭✭✭Chris_Heilong

Thanks andreac, I didnt notice that someone had revived it, anyway the pups the OP mentioned are gone but maybe the breeders are expecting more soon so it couldnt do any harm asking for their number.

Advertisement