Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband suggestions for rural area outside Kenmare Co Kerry?

Options
  • 27-05-2009 4:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13

I live in a very rural area outside Kenmare in Co Kerry and the only broadband option is satellite. I recently graduated from U.L with a degree in Mechanical Engineering and due to the economic situation I am stuck here for the time being. I live in a valley with mountains on either side so satellite is the only option. This is very expensive to install but the rates are about average. The cost of most providers is about 700 euro for installation and equipment.

Is their a way I could get the equipment myself second hand and install it and then get a service provider or is their a cheaper alternative to forking out a large sum of money?

Advertisement