Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Caffeine

• 27-05-2009 4:44pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭

I have to stay away from caffeine, so apart from the occassional hit of Coke (cola) i generally do, no coffee, decaff tea and the like.

however i have tried the Berocca Boost, they are full of VB etc. but no caffeine listed , I'm wondering if there is something else that acts like caffeine in them, Guarana maybe. I just dont want to speed my heart rate up too much. I'm due to see a doctor soon and will ask him, but i just thought i'd throw it out here first. thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,775 ✭✭✭EileenG

Just read the list of ingredients. By law, they have to list everything.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

EileenG wrote: »
    Just read the list of ingredients. By law, they have to list everything.

Guarana is a strange one. It does contain caffeine.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guarana

And that berroca boost does have guarana so presumably does have caffeine.

I suppose it would be like listing "coffee beans" as an ingredient without specifically having to declare caffeine is in there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭metamorphosis

Why not just take the original Berroca without Garuna.I never found myself getting much of a boost from it though TBH. Mayne that's just me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

because i want a boost, without a fast heart !!!, I'm assuming that something can give a bit of a pep without speeding up the ticker!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

Stoner wrote: »
    because i want a boost, without a fast heart !!!, I'm assuming that something can give a bit of a pep without speeding up the ticker!!

I have to be very careful with caffeine or any type of stimulants for the same reason. I find that nearly everything that gives any "boost" also sends my heart rate through the roof. The only thing I've tried that didn't affect me like that,that can give you a boost is Panax Ginseng (do NOT try Siberian Ginseng if you have a fast heart rate). You can find it in most chemists under a variety of brands. I like Ortis best. A good vitamin B supplement and a magnesium supplement can give you some extra energy too.

You should ask a chemist before you buy if you are on any sort of medication or have any heart condition though.

• Advertisement
Advertisement