Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Licorice Tea

• 27-05-2009 4:47pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭

Final question, I've been drinking Licorice tea in place of decaf tea as I dont put milk in it, any thoughts on this beig a good exchange (two cups a day tops I'm aware of some of the toilet issues associated with Licorice :) )

thanks all

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭jdivision

liquorice tea kills your sugar cravings apparently so a great trade off as a lot of sugar in milky coffees/teas from the lactose. If you've found a cheap choice please tell me!! the insomnia stuff is a fecking rip off beyond compare!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

Em I just get it in superquinn, Yogi Tea, about 4 euro for 20 tea bags i think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭jdivision

ok, health food shops and tesco plus dunnes didn't have it when I was looking. Insomnia was something like E6.90 for 20 tea bags hence my terming it a rip off.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Totally aside from the effects liquorice has on the gastrointestinal tract, longterm drinking of liquorice tea has been linked in some cases to hormonal imbalances (in particular oestrogen spikes), and is implicated in some cases of gynecomastea in males.

Its not valid to simply suggest that replacing caffeine with another substance is a valid argument- longterm imbibing of any substance will cause a buildup in your system- you should ask a qualified dietician what the implications of adding any substance (liquorice in this case) longterm to your diet may be.

Advertisement