Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cover art tattoo

Options
  • 27-05-2009 5:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 496 ✭✭

BULLET.jpg

LINK

I came across this image through a friend who just wanted a tattoo, given himself loads of prison ink but none lasted beyond a week. He's pretty big into punk rock and wanted something similar to this. but I realised that this image is prefect for me, not that i am a big misfits fan but just the imagery just that I have been living for a year in chicago and now have to return home because my student visa is expired and I think that captures the moment well and is a reminder of my good times here.

I just was the car and jfk and the blood splat black and red ink i'm flairly plate so I got the white covered. want it on my side just below the rib cage, I was wondering if this would cause many issues or the fact, that yes this is a great image but won't translate well to ink, given the hard straight edges at the sides.

wont have the money to get it done in the states plus the fact that im going home it would be handier with touch up and stuff just to get it here. So I figure the best artist for me would be someone who's forte is portraits any suggestions

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭tattoodublin

Hi Joe, its not particularly portrait work unless you want the same imagery done in a more portraiture style eg. more realism in jfk's face, features which might be cool. Best bet is to not rush into things, trip around to a few studios and see whos doing what and for how much and then make the decision you feel comfortable with. Dont look for a picture of similar work, but rather examine all the different styles they do, big and small and look at the details of the work rather than the image.

Pluto

Advertisement