Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

n00b questions

• 27-05-2009 5:32pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭

Guys sorry for asking a few n00bish questions but i am more likely to get good answers here then in game :

In the AH there is blue/purple items that i can buy , but any time I want to sell Items that i have received via "greed" it doesn't let me. I have to sell to the vendor. Is there a special way as such that i don't know ?

At the moment i have completed 300/300 skill in Engineering I wish to take it too the next level , I have no idea where to go . I have asked in game and someone said i need the BC , which i do have ! Where do i go and how do i get there ?

I'm a Level 53 paladin and have spent all my points on retribution , I have now been asked do i want to duel spec. Can someone please explain this to me thanks.

People keep on asking me will I be taking up the option of the Death Knight , I dont really know yet. My understanding of this is that its a "free" character you get a lvl 55 ? Do i lose my other character ? What are the benefits of taking i up and the flaws.

Thanks for taking the time to read this and hopefully answer some of my questions

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,917 ✭✭✭nix

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

or Im sorry I noticed that I got some replies in the thread that i posed to. I though that the post could use its own thread that way i wont be hijacking someones amazing achievement.

I noticed that one of the answers was go to the outlands , HOw do i do this ? I have all the expansion packs.

Also duel specing that allows me to move points or gives me another three with full points ?

Thanks again , I cant believe how addictive the game is , 7 days and level 53 :P

nix wrote: »

Yeah Ive noticed that . Thanks for the replies I have added some other questions. Its refreshing getting some good info on here rather then the waffle i get in game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Schism

Sarge wrote: »
    or Im sorry I noticed that I got some replies in the thread that i posed to. I though that the post could use its own thread that way i wont be hijacking someones amazing achievement.

I noticed that one of the answers was go to the outlands , HOw do i do this ? I have all the expansion packs.

Also duel specing that allows me to move points or gives me another three with full points ?

Thanks again , I cant believe how addictive the game is , 7 days and level 53 :P

I wouldn't go to Outland until you're 58 or there abouts. You get there by going through the portal in the Blasted Lands.

Here's a link to walk you through dual specs http://www.mmo-champion.com/index.php?page=863

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 867 ✭✭✭IgsTer

In the AH there is blue/purple items that i can buy , but any time I want to sell Items that i have received via "greed" it doesn't let me. I have to sell to the vendor. Is there a special way as such that i don't know ?

At the moment i have completed 300/300 skill in Engineering I wish to take it too the next level , I have no idea where to go . I have asked in game and someone said i need the BC , which i do have ! Where do i go and how do i get there ?

I'm a Level 53 paladin and have spent all my points on retribution , I have now been asked do i want to duel spec. Can someone please explain this to me thanks.

People keep on asking me will I be taking up the option of the Death Knight , I dont really know yet. My understanding of this is that its a "free" character you get a lvl 55 ? Do i lose my other character ? What are the benefits of taking i up and the flaws.

Thanks for taking the time to read this and hopefully answer some of my questions

Id say you should start using Wow Wiki linked below if your new to the game and need to learn alot of stuff
    http://www.wowwiki.com/

Just put in the keywords of any questions you have about basic game stuff when you need to find something out in the future, stick the word in the search box and you should get a page with all the info, so like for your questions above put in "death knight" "dual spec" "engineering" and "auction house" etc.

You can read all the different stuff there and the pages should contain everything your looking for an answer for, if not im sure there will be a link on the page in question going to a more specific part of your question.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭StinkyMunkey

Guys sorry for asking a few n00bish questions but i am more likely to get good answers here then in game :

Anytime you get stuck ingame just go to http://thottbot.com/ and type in the key word. Its full of everything you need to know about WoW.

As for rolling a DK, they are alot of fun and can do some serious damage. But the same can be said of paladin's too. Most battle grounds have more than one pally in the top five. Btw, a DK is just another toon, you dont lose your main char, i think you can have up to 10 toons per server.

Once you get items from greed rolls, they can be soulbound. Which basically means you alone can use them or only sell em to vendors.

Duel spec is for when you want to have to rig outs, one for PvP and one for PvE. It means you can change between armour and talents at the click of a mouse. To the best of my knowledge anyway. Ive not spent the 1000 gold it costs to find that out exactly.

Don't bother with thottbot.

Wowwiki and wowhead are the only sites you'll need.

Then again though putting anything into google normally brings up some good resources. I recently went 0-450 mining and 0-410 JCing in literally about 2-3 days for both thanks to guides I found in google by just putting in "Jewelcrafting guide" etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭cian1500ww

Welcome to Wow, your life is now over :p:D
    It will seem daunting at first but you'll find yourself learning loads without even noticing :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,000 ✭✭✭KilOit

cian1500ww wrote: »
    Welcome to Wow, your life is now over :p:D
    It will seem daunting at first but you'll find yourself learning loads without even noticing :)

This game seemed daunting when it started out all those years ago, i couldn't imagine what it's like for a new player now with 2 expansions

To op don't even go to outland till your lvl 58, ease off on the professions till you get there, you'll have plenty of time to skill it up no need to get ahead of yourself, Going through the portal for the first time is pretty cool all of outland it really great

KilOit wrote: »
    This game seemed daunting when it started out all those years ago, i couldn't imagine what it's like for a new player now with 2 expansions

To op don't even go to outland till your lvl 58, ease off on the professions till you get there, you'll have plenty of time to skill it up no need to get ahead of yourself, Going through the portal for the first time is pretty cool all of outland it really great

I thought outland was terrible. Compared to the original areas and dungeons, and the wotlk areas and dungeons, there really wasn't alot of variety. The gear looks retarded too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,632 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Rojomcdojo wrote: »
    I thought outland was terrible. Compared to the original areas and dungeons, and the wotlk areas and dungeons, there really wasn't alot of variety. The gear looks retarded too.
    Pallies are supposed to be defenders of the light and all that, but they made them look like a gay robocop!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭WesternNight

Generally items from instances and quest rewards will be "Bind on Pickup" which makes it soulbound and usable only by you. These items can't be sold on the AH but can be sold to vendors.

Items can also be "Binds when Equipped", generally random world drops and such. These items can be sold on AH but only if you haven't equipped it. They can also be sold to vendors.

KilOit wrote: »

Thanks a lot :-) , Eh yeah there is so much in the game to take in im still not used to the stats etc either. I think i will level this char to 80 then do a few more over the summer :-) and find my feet.

Advertisement