Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Logic 101

Options
  • 27-05-2009 6:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭

Hi Guys,
    Hope it's okay to post this here.
    We still have a few places for our Logic 101 course on 12th, 13th, 14th June.
    The course is being tutored by Trackmix who you'll all know from this forum.
    Please email me at info@poppyschool.com if interested.

Cheers!

Willie
    Poppyhill School of Recording
    www.poppyschool.com

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,790 ✭✭✭PaulBrewer

Gel wrote: »

I wouldn't think so G !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭studiorat

Hi Guys,
    We still have a few places for our Logic 101 course on 12th, 13th, 14th June.
    The course is being tutored by Trackmix who you'll all know from this forum.
    Please email me at info@poppyschool.com if interested.

Cheers!

Willie
    Poppyhill School of Recording
    www.poppyschool.com

Nobody called <snip> posting here as far as I know. Are you outing people as well now gel?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 8,081 ✭✭✭fitz

Gel, the Commercial Interaction sub-forum was set up specifically for this. Please familiarise yourself with the new Charter here: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055576087

Also editing out Trackmix's full name, people can be funny about that kinda thing.
    Moved to the CI sub-forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭Gel

Sorry if my post was inappropriate.

Please can you clarify this comment 'Nobody called <snip> posting here as far as I know. Are you outing people as well now gel?"

Gel, Rat was refering to the fact that Mick(Trackmixstudio on here) doesn't post under his full name, and generally, it's good 'netiquette' to not use people's full names if they go under a nickname online. People can get tetchy about it. Not a big deal, I snipped out Mick's full name from the posts just in case...

Btw, as I'm sure others are wondering, how much does the Logic 101 course cost?

• Advertisement

It's really the part " Are you outing people as well now gel?" I was concerned about. It seemed like yet another swipe at me from Studiorat!
    Don't you agree that comments like this are inappropriate. For some reason he seems to have something against me or our school.
    I've nothing against him and I'd ask that he stop making insulting comments!

The cost of the Logic course is €575 including exam fees. However the book "Logic Pro 8 and Logic Express 8" by David Namani is an extra €30 if the participant does not have it already.

B.T.W. Apologies to Trackmix for using his full name

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭studiorat

Gel you only ever come on to this board to post adverts for your studio, if you did come on more, you might know not to take my comment so personally.

You needn't worry, I have nothing against you or your studio, the only time I ever hear about it is when I see you post here.

Studiorat,
    As regards " the only reason I post on this forum is to advertise our school" The last time I posted on this forum was to respond to a negative insinuating comment you made about our school. I did not start the post in question so i was not advertising. I was protecting our good name, nothing more!

I accept that my last post re:Logic training may have been misplaced but yet you had to come back with "Nobody called <snip> posting here as far as I know. Are you outing people as well now gel?" This was uncalled for!

So I would appreciate if you would cease directing these negative comments towards me or our school. Maybe it's your experience of working in education that makes you feel that there is very little integrity in this area of the industry and that's your entitlement but please do not assume that we are of this breed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭frobisher

Studiorat,
    As regards " the only reason I post on this forum is to advertise our school" The last time I posted on this forum was to respond to a negative insinuating comment you made about our school. I did not start the post in question so i was not advertising. I was protecting our good name, nothing more!

I accept that my last post re:Logic training may have been misplaced but yet you had to come back with "Nobody called <snip> posting here as far as I know. Are you outing people as well now gel?" This was uncalled for!

So I would appreciate if you would cease directing these negative comments towards me or our school. Maybe it's your experience of working in education that makes you feel that there is very little integrity in this area of the industry and that's your entitlement but please do not assume that we are of this breed.

What?! Gel, I strongly suggest taking a deep breath before responding like that. Unless there's something I'm missing you're completely wide of the mark here. If you have a complaint about a post use the appropriate avenues. If you are unsure what these are then read the charter and it's links to Boards 101.

So, to both studiorat & gel: let's now keep the post on topic.

Ok Frobiliser,
    I've read the charter. I must have missed something so would you mind posting a link to reporting a complaint about posts/comments by individuals.
    Judging by your response it seems that you think it's okay for a poster to
    say the following:

By Moby 1: hi guys ive an interview for the music technology course at the poppyhill school in kildare, just wondering if anybody has done a course there or knows anything bout the place , cheers folks
    1. Wouldn't worry too much about the interview. As long as you have the fee's you'll be grand. by Studiorat

2. "Nobody called <snip> posting here as far as I know. Are you outing people as well now gel?" by Studiorat
    3. "Gel you only ever come on to this board to post adverts for your studio" by Studiorat

This is ridiculous! You're telling ME I'm wide of the mark and that this person is entitled to make these comments! and they're not personal! Come off it!

By the way, I'm not saying anything against Brewer personally but how come he can freely advertise a demo day for an Audient console (and other demos in the past) without a problem! Demos are obviously to entice people to buy so it's just as commercial as advertising a Logic course??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,790 ✭✭✭PaulBrewer

'Paul' or 'Mr.Brewer' please Gel ...

Sincerest apologies Mr. Brewer

Gel from your post above it's clear you haven't read the charter for this subforum or the charter for the main Music Production forum. Do so.

Having said that, studiorat, rather than make the comment you did, you should have reported the post and let us deal with it. Given the last exchange between you and Gel, it would have caused less hassle that way. Please do this in future. Back on topic or take it to Pm/Helpdesk.

• Registered Users Posts: 843 ✭✭✭trackmixstudio

oh no!
    My secret identity was almost revealed:pac::pac:

I have no problem with anyone knowing my real name.
    I don't see any problem with it and certainly don't want the issue to be the result of any arguments and don't need or want anyone speaking on my behalf regarding it.
    Other than that I am staying out of it.

Back on topic, the 3 day course will move any logic user forward leaps and bounds, not to mention the Apple Certified Pro qualification on passing the exam.

Michael Richards
    Trackmix studio

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭frobisher

oh no!
    My secret identity was almost revealed:pac::pac:

I have no problem with anyone knowing my real name.
    I don't see any problem with it and certainly don't want the issue to be the result of any arguments and don't need or want anyone speaking on my behalf regarding it.
    Other than that I am staying out of it.

Back on topic, the 3 day course will move any logic user forward leaps and bounds, not to mention the Apple Certified Pro qualification on passing the exam.

Michael Richards
    Trackmix studio

I want to do the Logic 101 course somewhere, Poppyhill is one of the places I'm looking at. But as someone very new to using Logic as my main DAW I was considering giving it a few months then doing it. Any comments on this being a good or bad idea?

• Registered Users Posts: 843 ✭✭✭trackmixstudio

frobisher wrote: »
    I want to do the Logic 101 course somewhere, Poppyhill is one of the places I'm looking at. But as someone very new to using Logic as my main DAW I was considering giving it a few months then doing it. Any comments on this being a good or bad idea?

If you are getting started with logic but have experience with general DAW functionality it is the perfect time to do the course. You will learn all the functions and short cuts and workflow tricks straight away.

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭woodsdenis

If you are getting started with logic but have experience with general DAW functionality it is the perfect time to do the course. You will learn all the functions and short cuts and workflow tricks straight away.

I did the Logic 101 course in Pulse as a guinea pig for their course.
    It is actually is very good. Got to know loads of stuff that would have taken years to get on my own if I was a Logic user. Well worth it. I dont use Logic at all but I guess the idea was if I got it then anybody could.:)

The same applies for the Protools course aswell BTW

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭domrush

omg i know trackmix's name wooot:pac:

Advertisement