Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bad crash on portlaw road

• 27-05-2009 6:20pm
    Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I was going home this evening and there's a really bad crash on the portlaw road, car on its roof, didn't look good for whoever was in.

By the looks of things and the state of the car I'd say speed was involved

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Cabaal wrote: »
    By the looks of things and the state of the car I'd say speed was involved

<typical Boards.ie response>You'd SAY? Are you a professional at crash investigations? I cant get over a moderator posted that.:mad:</typical Boards.ie response>

Anywhome.. hope the driver and any passenger is okay. Bad accident on the Tramore road the other night also. Hope all pull through.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Which bit? When I worked out that way the loonies tearing down the straight by Coolfinn towards the Tanery would make pulling out a scary business at times.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

mike65 wrote: »
    Which bit? When I worked out that way the loonies tearing down the straight by Coolfinn towards the Tanery would make pulling out a scary business at times.

Not sure of the name of the place, its the bit where there's a junction on your left as your coming from Fiddown Bridge, I believe there's an extrance to some sort of industrial estate just before this junction also on the left.

The crash happened just at the junction,

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Sully wrote: »
    <typical Boards.ie response>You'd SAY? Are you a professional at crash investigations? I cant get over a moderator posted that.:mad:</typical Boards.ie response>

Pure speculation on my part of course, based assumption on the average speed on that 80km road tends to be about 100-110km/hour+ and the fact that the car looked it pretty bad state which tends to happen more so if the car is traveling fast.

All in all you can be sure it didn't happen at 60km/hour,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,191 ✭✭✭kensutz

Also take it to the county forum :P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 34 stupidsometimes

A lorry was pulling out and turning at the GAA pitch and yer one was coming down the road and had to dodge the lorry and ended up flying through the ditch. She/he was taken away on a stretcher but haven't heard anything else on it.

And Portlaw is in County Waterford not the city!

Ouch

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭paddy smith

was talking to a fella who seen it happen and he said the car swerved and into a ditch then the driver went head first out through the windscreen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

And Portlaw is in County Waterford not the city!

Report the thread

As it happens that road is probably more of interest to Waterford and Clonmelians than the Portlaw residents.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭paddy smith

Clonmelians

Laughing_Hyena_Cartoon.gif

As it happens that road is probably more of interest to Waterford and Clonmelians than the Portlaw residents.

Hence why I posted it here :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 stupidsometimes

was talking to a fella who seen it happen and he said the car swerved and into a ditch then the driver went head first out through the windscreen.

ouch! hope they are ok! I only heard from someone who probably heard from someone

Advertisement