Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

www.HobbyAirsoft.ie (dublin)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,404 ✭✭✭ricka

Guys, Kev seems to have everything sorted on the competition so he'll post shortly.
    Also, a lot of you who entered we know well(too well!) so to remove our bias:), we've asked Nakedex to pop in and draw the winner from the correct answers.So when he gets a break from designing Aoreplanes or whatever techie stuff he does:), he'll come over and we'll announce a winner!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭need a aeg

do you not have any green gas ones ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭Inari

need a aeg wrote: »
    do you not have any green gas ones ?

I have a couple of refurbished green gas ones here; €15 each :)

Sorry about the delay in getting this up - the store erupted with customers.

Annyway...just wanted to let you all know that as we received so many answers for what RIF stands for, we have decided to accept both 'Replica Imitation Firearm' and 'Realistic Imitation Firearm'.

Now, with regard to the Kalashnikov question, we have to hold our hands up and apologise for any confusion caused. As such, we thought it best to scrap that question altogether.

So what does that mean? Put simply, provided you had no other incorrect answers, if you put down either 'Replica Imitation Firearm' or 'Realistic Imitation Firearm' then you ARE still entered into the draw.

I have gone back over all of the entries, and all eligible have been entered into the draw :)

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭airsoftisfun

I know yous are busy but to you have a time for the draw because the suspense is killing me

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 975 ✭✭✭CpcRc

I sent an email saturday night and I never got an email saying how many answers I got right or wrong?

I know yous are busy but to you have a time for the draw because the suspense is killing me

As Ricka said earlier, we have asked NakedDex to do the honours for us. As soon as we have a winner, we will announce it. For now you need to have patience.
    CpcRc wrote:
    I sent an email saturday night and I never got an email saying how many answers I got right or wrong?
    PM Sent

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭ronan keane

Inari wrote: »

Now, with regard to the Kalashnikov question, we have to hold our hands up and apologise for any confusion caused. As such, we thought it best to scrap that question altogether.

Thats not very fair it must not have been confusing if people got it right

• Registered Users Posts: 718 ✭✭✭$kilkenny

cheers inari!
    i put down Replica imitation firearm for RIF and i got an email saying it was wrong and it left me googling for the answer which was what i said... didnt mind because i also got the kalash one wrong aswell....
    happy days now though!

The problem with the question is that it was not clear enough, and was very open ended. As such, it would have been far too hard to correct fairly. The fairest solution that we could see was to void the question.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,032 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

+1:P

Don't fancy my chances now:pac:

Blay wrote: »
    +1:P

Don't fancy my chances now:pac:

Don't worry lads, there's still only circa 30 people entered into the draw, so you still have pretty much the same odds. It's not as if there was a flood of suddenly valid answers.

so what was your meaning and the answer for the kalash question then?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭richieffff

$kilkenny wrote: »

I want to know too, I was killing myself trying to decide if the two AK47's counted as 1 or 2 models :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Airsoftt

Sorry about the delay in getting this up - the store erupted with customers.

Annyway...just wanted to let you all know that as we received so many answers for what RIF stands for, we have decided to accept both 'Replica Imitation Firearm' and 'Realistic Imitation Firearm'.

So what does that mean? Put simply, provided you had no other incorrect answers, if you put down either 'Replica Imitation Firearm' or 'Realistic Imitation Firearm' then you ARE still entered into the draw.

I have gone back over all of the entries, and all eligible have been entered into the draw :)

Nooooooo :'(

$kilkenny wrote: »

7 in rifles and one in the budget section..

ah... i thought it ment models as in ak47, ak74, ak74u etc

Lads we still all have fairly good odds 1 out of thirty
    Best of luck to all 30 people that got all the right answers ALSO counting my self and thanks to hobbyairsofter for making the compition possible:D

Lads we still all have fairly good odds 1 out of thirty
    Best of luck to all 30 people that got all the right answers ALSO counting my self and thanks to hobbyairsofter for making the compition possible:D

Yeah fairplay to them. Serious comp. Not every day you see retailers giving away free guns..... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 37 ghilliemaster

yeshh part of tht 30 pll :D that kalaskanov question was sneaky but took a bit of thinking :D

• Advertisement

I'm really sorry to do this to you lads, but I have to leave you in suspense for another 24 hours. Something has come up for Dex, and he can't make it in to us until tomorrow.

I apologise profusely for this hiccough, but we know most of you lads too well to pull the name of the winner ourselves. Dex came to our rescue as an impartial party, and so the draw will go ahead tomorrow.

Don't worry - the rifle is worth the wait.

Stupid Sarah not letting me enter

AAAAAAAAAAAAAGH!!!!!!!!! its ok anything this sexy is worth the wait!!!! :)

Get a customer to do it? :P

That's a good idea but since the asked nakedex first he should to it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭richieffff

I'm really sorry to do this to you lads, but I have to leave you in suspense for another 24 hours. Something has come up for Dex, and he can't make it in to us until tomorrow.

I apologise profusely for this hiccough, but we know most of you lads too well to pull the name of the winner ourselves. Dex came to our rescue as an impartial party, and so the draw will go ahead tomorrow.

Don't worry - the rifle is worth the wait.

Stupid Sarah not letting me enter

Ahh Leaving Cert results and this on the same day, gonna explode :pac:

he wont mind haha

I second Airsoftt get a stranger to do it cuz of the leaving cert results 2 morow!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭Deadpool

next guy into the shop gets to pick..please.this is killing me

• Registered Users Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭Damo 2k9

I didnt get an email saying how many i got right wrong either :P :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭IIIAcHmEdIII

am i in the final 30 ? the wait is killing me !!!!!!

Advertisement