Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

www.HobbyAirsoft.ie (dublin)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭goodlad

Inari wrote: »
    We've got the VFC M&P9C and extra mags in stock :P

Ah, good old evening temptation!

I hate you a little right now :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭T4RGET

everlast75 wrote: »
    Cheers :)

Noob question - Does the voltage make a difference to the rate of fire, battery life or charging??

Higher Volt will increase the RoF, you especially notice the difference in a 7.4v and 11.1v lipo. battery life is usually determined by the Mah rating and C rating on lipos and charging again by the mah as far as im aware. the RoF will defnitely increase with a higher volt battery though.

Thought I'd answer some of it, sorry Kev :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 975 ✭✭✭CpcRc

Battery performance is also affected by discharge rating. Lipos have a higher discharge rating than lower end nimh batteries and that is why a lower voltage lipo can sometimes be faster. Think of the discharge rating as how much of the power it can use, or how efficient it is.

A good nimh battery can be faster than a lower voltage lipo due to a higher discharge rating so you get more performance out of them. But the good quality ones can be more expensive so a lipo is usually your best bang for buck.

A good rule of thumb would be 15c minimum continuous discharge, these are usually 25c peak so the description will be 15c-25c. And I'd probably try 1200mah minimum for it to last better.

When it comes to voltages, 7.4v lipo will be faster than aregular 8.4v nimh and around the regular 9.6v nimh performance. An 11.1v lipo will be faster than the regular 9.6v nimh.

I would definitely suggest even just a basic mosfet for best performance and to protect your trigger contacts.

Your aeg will last longer on a 7.4v than an 11.1v but that's in the longterm. Depends on what you want. But with a few parts like better motor, wiring, bearings and mosfet you can get 20 BBs per second on a 7.4v which I feel is a good rate of fire for most uses.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭Inari

T4RGET wrote: »
    Higher Volt will increase the RoF, you especially notice the difference in a 7.4v and 11.1v lipo. battery life is usually determined by the Mah rating and C rating on lipos and charging again by the mah as far as im aware. the RoF will defnitely increase with a higher volt battery though.

Thought I'd answer some of it, sorry Kev :o
    CpcRc wrote: »
    Battery performance is also affected by discharge rating. Lipos have a higher discharge rating than lower end nimh batteries and that is why a lower voltage lipo can sometimes be faster. Think of the discharge rating as how much of the power it can use, or how efficient it is.

A good nimh battery can be faster than a lower voltage lipo due to a higher discharge rating so you get more performance out of them. But the good quality ones can be more expensive so a lipo is usually your best bang for buck.

A good rule of thumb would be 15c minimum continuous discharge, these are usually 25c peak so the description will be 15c-25c. And I'd probably try 1200mah minimum for it to last better.

When it comes to voltages, 7.4v lipo will be faster than aregular 8.4v nimh and around the regular 9.6v nimh performance. An 11.1v lipo will be faster than the regular 9.6v nimh.

I would definitely suggest even just a basic mosfet for best performance and to protect your trigger contacts.

Your aeg will last longer on a 7.4v than an 11.1v but that's in the longterm. Depends on what you want. But with a few parts like better motor, wiring, bearings and mosfet you can get 20 BBs per second on a 7.4v which I feel is a good rate of fire for most uses.

Never apologise guys, it makes my job a lot easier!

Sorry for the late replies on here - we've been absolutely flat out, and it just seems to keep on going. I suppose that's a good complaint to have mind you :D

Expect an awful lot of content tomorrow - you's will be pleasantly surprised...and if ye're anything like Gary, are gonna hate me more than a little :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭goodlad

Expect an awful lot of content tomorrow - you's will be pleasantly surprised...and if ye're anything like Gary, are gonna hate me more than a little :D

Im stalking the thread all day :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭Tony2589

Thanks for getting that xcr in , can't wait to get to use it !! And I forgot to ask when I was in , do ye have any idea on an estimated release date for the TM gbb m870 shotgun

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭joe90

Hi,

just wondering if you have a A&K M249 MK2 in stock ?

Cheers Dave.

Tony2589 wrote: »
    Thanks for getting that xcr in , can't wait to get to use it !! And I forgot to ask when I was in , do ye have any idea on an estimated release date for the TM gbb m870 shotgun
    No problem at all Tony - enjoy it :)

Unfortunately I haven't heard any news on the TM M870, though I am eagerly awaiting. That's one of the guns I'll be getting the moment it's released - the moment I hear anything, I'll stick it up here :)
    joe90 wrote: »
    Hi,

just wondering if you have a A&K M249 MK2 in stock ?

Cheers Dave.
    Hi Dave,

We've got M249 MK46 & Para's in stock - no MK2's unfortunately :(

Just a taster of a couple of very nice bits!

TM 1911 MEU w/VFC Illuminator
    44232601FCF843D9B1BCA3DB6444ADBE-0000335169-0003305122-00500L-4A3911592352418CB0567E44A1F784D5.jpg

D2E4C62021424E54B6A42EA85D0466C6-0000335169-0003305121-00500L-CA68A371BBFE4C82A1876606EFA50B83.jpg

The Usual Suspects
    25BBA000E56D4990AAA809530F5DE788-0000335169-0003305120-00500L-35B6600E53EC44F790ACA0331E365FC9.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭Tony2589

No problem at all Tony - enjoy it :)

Unfortunately I haven't heard any news on the TM M870, though I am eagerly awaiting. That's one of the guns I'll be getting the moment it's released - the moment I hear anything, I'll stick it up here :)

Thanks a million , defiantly getting it when it comes out !! Looks unreal

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭joe90

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,404 ✭✭✭ricka

Back In Stock:

Ciras Tac Vests in Tan And OD

942878E7345C45E19E58A9FED6109E56-0000335169-0003305853-00640L-D2C1DF5848C849DE86F5919927B4FF56.jpg

This Saturday, we have an absolutely fantastic surprise for you - we have acquired a rather large collection of airsoft guns from an avid collector, which is diverse and extensive. There are KAR98's, PPSH, Barret, SR25, M14's, M1 Garands, Pre-UMAREX NS2 USP .45's etc - there is a lot of beautiful pieces here, all never skirmished!!

These are being sold at exceptional value, and are available first come first served. You can expect a list from Ricka very shortly! If you have any questions, post away and we'll do our best to answer :)

This Saturday, we have an absolutely fantastic surprise for you - we have acquired a rather large collection of airsoft guns from an avid collector, which is diverse and extensive. There are KAR98's, PPSH, Barret, SR25, M14's, M1 Garands, Pre-UMAREX NS2 USP .45's etc - there is a lot of beautiful pieces here, all never skirmished!!

These are being sold at exceptional value, and are available first come first served. You can expect a list from Ricka very shortly! If you have any questions, post away and we'll do our best to answer :)

Why must I wait until next week to get paid! And I can't make it to dublin. Maybe next year :(

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭Nuke1973

how much for a ppsh, a garand and maybe an sr25 ??

your opening at 10 right ?

CpcRc wrote: »
    Why must I wait until next week to get paid! And I can't make it to dublin. Maybe next year :(

Don't worry, we're going to be putting up a list of everything with prices etc - so if people can't make it up to us, we'll be able to send stuff out :) Granted that doesn't help with your pay-day situation...but ask yourself, do you really need food? :P

Nuke1973 wrote: »
    how much for a ppsh, a garand and maybe an sr25 ??

your opening at 10 right ?

We are indeed Pat, open from 10am. I honestly don't have the prices on me now - we should have a list up shortly though :)

Shall I stick the kettle on for you in the morning?

Don't worry, we're going to be putting up a list of everything with prices etc - so if people can't make it up to us, we'll be able to send stuff out :) Granted that doesn't help with your pay-day situation...but ask yourself, do you really need food? :P

Is the list going up here or on the website ? :D

Ya put the kettle on, i'll be there first thing - sold some camera kit so have a shopping list and cash lol

Is the list going up here or on the website ? :D

Ya put the kettle on, i'll be there first thing - sold some camera kit so have a shopping list and cash lol

I'll stop on the way in and get some milk so! List should be going up on here and on Facebook :)

I'll stop on the way in and get some milk so! List should be going up on here and on Facebook :)

Don't get milk on my account, I take mine black ;)

• Advertisement

List follows of Items on sale

Typically you can expect to pay half the regular retail cost

Remember none of these items have been skirmished and most have been used no more than a couple of times in the back garden!

Ares PPSH
    H&K MP7
    Dboys M16
    AGM M4 RIS GBB
    AGM MP44 x2
    TOP TECH M16A3
    KAR98K
    G&G AK47 (REAL WOOD)
    MOSSBERG SHOTGUNS GAS 6MM
    MOSSBERG SHOTGUNS GAS 8MM
    JG BAR 10 X2
    JG HK416
    AGM M14
    JG MP5 x4
    MARUSHIN 8MM US M2 CARBINES (real wood) x2
    MARUSHIN 8MM US M1 GARAND (real wood) x2
    ZASTAVA M70 SPRING
    UMAREX MP5
    CA M16
    CA M4 FULL STOCK
    G&G M14(real wood)
    MP40
    SNOW WOLF SW01 BARRETT M99
    ACM PUMP ACTION SHOTGUNS
    MARUZEN P38 GBB -leather holster
    KSC HK USP GBB x2
    KJ BERETTA M9 x3
    KJ SIG 226 X4
    WILSON COMBAT GBB
    KSC GLOCK 17 X2
    WE LUGERS (original cases) x2
    WE MEU GBB X3
    WE 1911 GBB (US leather holsters)
    UMAREX HK P8 X2
    UMAREX ts 8017 GLOCK
    UMAREX RUGER P345
    KSC M1911
    1911 COMBAT GBB x2
    1911 BONE HANDLES GBB X2
    DESERT EAGLES GBB X3 in metal cases

Also we will be selling GAS, BB'S Batteries and Co2 at half regular retail prices
    The gas is ASG,BB's are gold fire and the batteries are ASG

ricka wrote: »
    List follows of Items on sale

Typically you can expect to pay half the regular retail cost

Remember none of these items have been skirmished and most have been used no more than a couple of times in the back garden!

Ares PPSH
    H&K MP7
    Dboys M16
    AGM M4 RIS GBB
    AGM MP44 x2
    TOP TECH M16A3
    KAR98K
    G&G AK47 (REAL WOOD)
    MOSSBERG SHOTGUNS GAS 6MM
    MOSSBERG SHOTGUNS GAS 8MM
    JG BAR 10 X2
    JG HK416
    AGM M14
    JG MP5 x4
    MARUSHIN 8MM US M2 CARBINES (real wood) x2
    MARUSHIN 8MM US M1 GARAND (real wood) x2
    ZASTAVA M70 SPRING
    UMAREX MP5
    CA M16
    CA M4 FULL STOCK
    G&G M14(real wood)
    MP40
    SNOW WOLF SW01 BARRETT M99
    ACM PUMP ACTION SHOTGUNS
    MARUZEN P38 GBB -leather holster
    KSC HK USP GBB x2
    KJ BERETTA M9 x3
    KJ SIG 226 X4
    WILSON COMBAT GBB
    KSC GLOCK 17 X2
    WE LUGERS (original cases) x2
    WE MEU GBB X3
    WE 1911 GBB (US leather holsters)
    UMAREX HK P8 X2
    UMAREX ts 8017 GLOCK
    UMAREX RUGER P345
    KSC M1911
    1911 COMBAT GBB x2
    1911 BONE HANDLES GBB X2
    DESERT EAGLES GBB X3 in metal cases

Also we will be selling GAS, BB'S Batteries and Co2 at half regular retail prices
    The gas is ASG,BB's are gold fire and the batteries are ASG

Is the CA M16 an a1 ?

I'll be looking at the whole list i reckon lol.

can i buy a leather holster of two without the pistol ?

Don't get milk on my account, I take mine black ;)

Can't have you alone for tea & coffee, and I'm Mr. Vanilla...need my milk :D

Is the CA M16 an a1 ?

I'll be looking at the whole list i reckon lol.

can i buy a leather holster of two without the pistol ?

Its an A2 Pat
    All the pistols come with holsters and most with spare mags.Not really sure yet if Inari plans to split them. I guess you could ask nicely!

Its an A2 Pat
    All the pistols come with holsters and most with spare mags.Not really sure yet if Inari plans to split them. I guess you could ask nicely!

Sure don't I always ask nicely :)

can you skirmish an 8mm gun ?? I guess so if it chrono's at a joule or less

Sure don't I always ask nicely :)

can you skirmish an 8mm gun ?? I guess so if it chrono's at a joule or less

You can, but they don't get the same range as their 6mm counterparts. The 8mm BB is significantly heavier for only 2mm extra. They do work beautifully in CQB though, as hits are felt much easier, and they're an awful lot more consistent.

Once they're under 1 joule, you can skirmish 'em :)

Problem is it's my first pay cheque from current job so I don't have money to not be spending until it :( And already got money from it going on riongegro stuff. CAn ye PM the mp7 price so I can see how much worse I feel about my situation, haha :P

Guys there's lots gone this morning in our sale but loads left

We're open till 6pm Today

Guys there's lots gone this morning in our sale but loads left

We're open till 6pm Today

Well I was a happy man leaving, thanks guys.

Surprise of the day was finding a Thompson midcap on the shelves with the newly arrived hicaps - no one knew it was there haha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭se conman

One very happy customer here, great deals to be had, especially if you were there first thing this morning. Cheer lads.

Advertisement