Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

www.HobbyAirsoft.ie (dublin)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 1,499 Mod ✭✭✭✭otmmyboy2

• Registered Users Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭Inari

otmmyboy2 wrote: »
    That shouldn't be a bother at all; I'll look into the ACSU parts on Tuesday for you :) Lipo batteries are on order, and we have the barrel and hop up rubbers in stock aplenty!

Inari wrote: »
    That shouldn't be a bother at all; I'll look into the ACSU parts on Tuesday for you :) Lipo batteries are on order, and we have the barrel and hop up rubbers in stock aplenty!

Absolutely marvelous, thanks Inari! :D
    One or two things though: The barrel needs to be the 6.01, the hop rubber at least 50 degrees or harder and the battery that I'm looking for (http://www.greekairsoft.gr/eshop/product.php?id_product=4007)
    is a Li-Fe battery, not Li-Po. Reason being for that is Li-Fe batteries are a lot more resilient than Li-Pos. :)

Never forget, the end goal is zero firearms of any type.

S.I. No. 187/1972 - Firearms (Temporary Custody) Order - Firearms seized

S.I. No. 21/2008 - Firearms (Restricted Firearms and Ammunition) Order 2008 - Firearm types restricted

Criminal Justice (Miscellaneous Provisions) Act 2009 - Firearms banned & grandfathered

S.I. No. 420/2019 - Magazine ban, ammo storage & transport restricted

Criminal Justice (Miscellaneous Provisions) Act 2023 - 2023 Firearm Ban (retroactive to 8 years prior)

Absolutely marvelous, thanks Inari! :D
    One or two things though: The barrel needs to be the 6.01, the hop rubber at least 50 degrees or harder and the battery that I'm looking for (http://www.greekairsoft.gr/eshop/product.php?id_product=4007)
    is a Li-Fe battery, not Li-Po. Reason being for that is Li-Fe batteries are a lot more resilient than Li-Pos. :)

We have 40, 50 & 60 degree hop up rubbers in stock, and have loads of the Madbull 6.01 Ultimate Tightbore barrels in stock (in 363mm). Apologies on the battery front; I looked at the picture :o

I'll look into the LiFe on Tuesday along with the ACSU stuff - sorry about that!

We have 40, 50 & 60 degree hop up rubbers in stock, and have loads of the Madbull 6.01 Ultimate Tightbore barrels in stock (in 363mm). Apologies on the battery front; I looked at the picture :o

I'll look into the LiFe on Tuesday along with the ACSU stuff - sorry about that!

Oh no bother, I'd figured as much, the batteries do look pretty much the same. :)
    Thanks very much, really looking forward to all that now :D

S.I. No. 21/2008 - Firearms (Restricted Firearms and Ammunition) Order 2008 - Firearm types restricted

Criminal Justice (Miscellaneous Provisions) Act 2009 - Firearms banned & grandfathered

Criminal Justice (Miscellaneous Provisions) Act 2023 - 2023 Firearm Ban (retroactive to 8 years prior)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 975 ✭✭✭CpcRc

Hey,

Just wondering if this is a straight drop in to this?
    As in no parts, seals, etc. to be replaced and it would work with all models not like only later models are compatible or something like that.

Do ye stock the first item or could ye get one in?

Actually folks could you pop on a Magpul B.A.D. to my frankengun aswell please? :)

CpcRc wrote: »
    Hey,

Just wondering if this is a straight drop in to this?
    As in no parts, seals, etc. to be replaced and it would work with all models not like only later models are compatible or something like that.

Do ye stock the first item or could ye get one in?

It is a drop in fit, however WE do not use reinforced nozzles, instead focusing on restricting the gas flow of the Co2 magazine. In short it won't work as well as a gun designed to use Co2 due to weaker recoil spring, hammer spring, and non-reinforced BBU.

We don't have the WE co2 ones in stock, however we do have the KJW ones which are compatible, though need to have their valve adjusted (backed out a small bit) as the valve-striker on the WE is marginally smaller
    Actually folks could you pop on a Magpul B.A.D. to my frankengun aswell please? :)

Will look into it :)

It is a drop in fit, however WE do not use reinforced nozzles, instead focusing on restricting the gas flow of the Co2 magazine. In short it won't work as well as a gun designed to use Co2 due to weaker recoil spring, hammer spring, and non-reinforced BBU.

We don't have the WE co2 ones in stock, however we do have the KJW ones which are compatible, though need to have their valve adjusted (backed out a small bit) as the valve-striker on the WE is marginally smaller

Cheers for the reply.

I don't mind the co2 being a little weaker, better reliability for all weather and getting more shots before having to refill is more important to me.

I got the ratech co2 mag for ksc glock and it has less recoil than green gas but fires close enough to the joule and gets a lot of shots, I think 100 BBs or so on one gas fill wouldn't be too much to ask from it and it can definitely get a few mags through it.
    So while it is less "fun" as the green gas mags, it is the better skirmish option. Would the WE be similar on co2? Better performance year round but less recoil and maybe a little less fps?

I had done a quick search on WE mags compatibility and found out that they will take mags of equal size or above, so I could get a WE 4.3 or 5.1 mag and use them. But I didn't know that kjw would fit.

Would I be looking for the kp-05 or kp-06 mag? I know the kp-06 matches the 5.1, but would kp-05 match the 4.3 or be slightly different so I would have to get a kp-06 mag to make sure it fits?

And for bringing the valve out a bit, do I just unscrew it out a bit or do I have to remove it and insert a spacer?

Edit: Is the kjw mag higher fps than WE?

and if I should get reinforced parts down the line which ones should be changed first? Springs or nozzle? Or are they fine to last with co2 as is?

KP-05 and KP-06 mags are exactly the same - there's a plastic baseplate on both, and they're just a slightly different shape; that's the only difference :)

You just unscrew the valve changing its depth, until the recoil comes more in line with where it should be. Otherwise the slide won't slide properly.

The WE mags are not as good as the RA-Tech Glock mags - they basically reduce the gas flow, lowering the FPS giving comparable performance to Green gas, but economy wise you're looking at maybe 3 mags tops.

The KJW mags are definitely higher flow, and better performance than the WE - they have a little more power in them as well. They do need the reinforced parts however, so you'd need the nozzle definitely, but could get away with the springs for a while. Personally I'd recommend changing them straight away, as the recoil spring helps dissipate the excess force of the slide moving, and the hammer spring improves the performance on Co2

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,404 ✭✭✭ricka

JUST ARRIVED

Some of the mags which arrived today:

95 Round G36 Box Set (5)
    470 Round G36 Box Set (5)
    90 Round KA Fal
    85 Round M16 Vietnam Box Set (5)
    120 Round M4 Olive Box Set (5)
    100 Round AK Style for M4, Box Set (5)
    140 Round M14 Metal Black, Box Set (5)
    110 Round AK Polish Type Tan, Box Set (5)
    110 Round AK Polish Type Olive, Box Set(5)
    110 Round MP40 Box Set (5)
    130 Round Midcap M4 (8 pack)

B324DB46104A44439DE61852EC99E199-0000335169-0003353887-00640L-03D34E4DFB8C4619A7969C1A8EB9B8EF.jpg

KP-05 and KP-06 mags are exactly the same - there's a plastic baseplate on both, and they're just a slightly different shape; that's the only difference :)

You just unscrew the valve changing its depth, until the recoil comes more in line with where it should be. Otherwise the slide won't slide properly.

The WE mags are not as good as the RA-Tech Glock mags - they basically reduce the gas flow, lowering the FPS giving comparable performance to Green gas, but economy wise you're looking at maybe 3 mags tops.

The KJW mags are definitely higher flow, and better performance than the WE - they have a little more power in them as well. They do need the reinforced parts however, so you'd need the nozzle definitely, but could get away with the springs for a while. Personally I'd recommend changing them straight away, as the recoil spring helps dissipate the excess force of the slide moving, and the hammer spring improves the performance on Co2

Cheers for covering all the questions, just trying my best to make an informed decision.

I wouldn't compare WE mags directly to ratech, more so meant it as a metaphor of the difference between the green gas and co2 mags for a specific pistol. Main important differences being noticeably better gas economy and less cooldown effect with the co2 mag for a specific pistol. That can translate to at least one full mag dumped quickly without having to worry about gas economy and cooldown reducing performance too much so that the pistol doesn't operate fully half way or towards the end of a mag.

So would ye have a reinforced nozzle ye could send to the cork store please where I can pick up a kp06 mag as well?

Edit: and if you don't have any hi capa nozzles, could you advise of which brands are good? Any oem replacements or aftermarket brands to look for? Just seeing a few people talking about nozzles they bought breaking and want to avoid making the mistake of buying the wrong brand.

Cheers for covering all the questions, just trying my best to make an informed decision.

I wouldn't compare WE mags directly to ratech, more so meant it as a metaphor of the difference between the green gas and co2 mags for a specific pistol. Main important differences being noticeably better gas economy and less cooldown effect with the co2 mag for a specific pistol. That can translate to at least one full mag dumped quickly without having to worry about gas economy and cooldown reducing performance too much so that the pistol doesn't operate fully half way or towards the end of a mag.

So would ye have a reinforced nozzle ye could send to the cork store please where I can pick up a kp06 mag as well?

Edit: and if you don't have any hi capa nozzles, could you advise of which brands are good? Any oem replacements or aftermarket brands to look for? Just seeing a few people talking about nozzles they bought breaking and want to avoid making the mistake of buying the wrong brand.

Hi, I'll send down the nozzle and mag today.Will be there sometime on Monday

Parts Order Just In:

Gear Sets
    Piston Heads
    Cylinder Heads
    Shims
    Selector Plates
    Tappet Plates
    Motors........and much much more!

BE32D33AF3234D9DB52BAA69E4960B14-0000335169-0003354628-00640L-E4252C4293A14EA18699708470EB5958.jpg

ricka wrote: »
    Hi, I'll send down the nozzle and mag today.Will be there sometime on Monday

Thanks Richard. Just tell martin the total for the parts. I left my number with him in the shop so he can call me when they arrive in.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭goodlad

Hey lads.

Any joy getting those madbull grenades i was onto Kev about?

These are the ones.

http://madbull.com/catalog/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=363

I have the money waiting to paypal over as soon as they are in

Any news on the frankengun lads?

goodlad wrote: »
    Hey lads.

Any joy getting those madbull grenades i was onto Kev about?

These are the ones.

http://madbull.com/catalog/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=363

I have the money waiting to paypal over as soon as they are in
    Madbull order hasn't come through yet :(
    Any news on the frankengun lads?

Good news and bad news - PM sent with details!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭shytan

Kevin any joy with the sig charging handle

shytan wrote: »
    Kevin any joy with the sig charging handle
    Hi mate, now in stock!

• Advertisement

Forgot to say thanks for sending the parts down to cork lads.

Now another problem unfortunately. The seals went on the mag, I think the valve was adjusted a little too far out. I can experiment with that in my own time.

The bigger problem is, my pistol won't cycle properly. Either with the original nozzle or the one I got from ye. The nozzle won't move freely in the pistol. So if it is pulled forward it won't spring back.
    I have put this down to two things, the return spring is too weak, or it's because the plastic seal it slides over is causing too much friction as it needs a little bit of force to move the nozzle forward and backward by hand.
    So, would ye have stiffer return springs for the nozzle? Or would ye have a fresh or slightly smaller seal for a WE 4.3 hi capa?
    It will not fire on green gas or co2 mags like it was able to previously when I tested it.

The bigger problem is, my pistol won't cycle properly. Either with the original nozzle or the one I got from ye. The nozzle won't move freely in the pistol. So if it is pulled forward it won't spring back.
    I have put this down to two things, the return spring is too weak, or it's because the plastic seal it slides over is causing too much friction as it needs a little bit of force to move the nozzle forward and backward by hand.
    So, would ye have stiffer return springs for the nozzle? Or would ye have a fresh or slightly smaller seal for a WE 4.3 hi capa?
    It will not fire on green gas or co2 mags like it was able to previously when I tested it.

I would strongly advise stripping the pistol down, and testing both the original nozzle and the replacement reinforced nozzle in the blowback unit outside of the pistol slide. Check its movement on the piston cup, and try to identify exactly where the resistance is coming from.

Inspect the piston cup and ensure it is not malformed - if it is, then it will apply uneven pressure on the nozzle walls and cause a build up of friction. A stronger return spring will cater to the problem, but will do nothing to correct it. It definitely needs to be inspected to see where the build up in friction is being caused - it may be a simple of case of filing, or you may need to replace seals.

Parts wise (nozzle spring & piston cup) we are unfortunately out of :( Magic may have some in the graveyard down in Cork though - definitely worth giving him a shout to see :)

I would strongly advise stripping the pistol down, and testing both the original nozzle and the replacement reinforced nozzle in the blowback unit outside of the pistol slide. Check its movement on the piston cup, and try to identify exactly where the resistance is coming from.

Inspect the piston cup and ensure it is not malformed - if it is, then it will apply uneven pressure on the nozzle walls and cause a build up of friction. A stronger return spring will cater to the problem, but will do nothing to correct it. It definitely needs to be inspected to see where the build up in friction is being caused - it may be a simple of case of filing, or you may need to replace seals.

Parts wise (nozzle spring & piston cup) we are unfortunately out of :( Magic may have some in the graveyard down in Cork though - definitely worth giving him a shout to see :)

I've broken down the pistol and both nozzles won't move freely. The piston seal appears to be fine apart from being slightly too large. I might try replacing the piston and piston seal with one from a compatible model and that might allow the nozzle to move freely. The piston requires quite a bit of force to move the nozzle over it and you can see the seal catching on all sides as it is too wide

Our Crome selection of Pistols:

0AB3E79A659342C2A0251A2E45AB5B0F-0000335169-0003360670-00640L-134E2A5868C84E008ED293DFD67ABD1D.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 797 ✭✭✭backthephilup

Just wanted to say thanks again to Kev and Robbie for all their help today and in the past. Very much appreciated.

Just wanted to say thanks again to Kev and Robbie for all their help today and in the past. Very much appreciated.

Absolutely no problem at all - it's always a pleasure!

FREE Map/Doc holder and Keyring for All Our Shoppers in Rathcoole Tomorrow!

Simply ask and you shall receive:)

BE4DBF12A3AD48648C1417EE9DE8C4DE-0000335169-0003367097-00640L-95D9347DEB0841799378EE375302F808.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 997 ✭✭✭.22 Lover

Hellow! Could you give me a price quote to get in a WE M4A1 open bolt gbbr?

Now Back In Stock:

Kalashnikov Energy Drinks
    [IMG][/img]3263D8EA2A944C3EA4481D96595BC41E-0000335169-0003371249-00640L-3856D4BE70234FC4972084EB54051AB2.jpg

• Advertisement

.22 Lover wrote: »
    Hellow! Could you give me a price quote to get in a WE M4A1 open bolt gbbr?
    Will do, we'll get back to you

Advertisement