Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I can connect to the internet and check email for FREE using vodafone live!

• 27-05-2009 7:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭

I am a ready to go customer with vodafone.

I've noticed in the last few weeks that I can log onto the internet on my nokia n95 and check my emails all for free. I haven't had credit in my phone and it's still logging on, so I'm avoiding the 99c daily charge.

The default nokia browser can't log on but Opera Mini works fine. And I use the gmail app to check my emails without a problem.

Initially when I try to connect and select vodafone live! as my access point, it wont connect, but if I just retry it connects on the second time.

Does anyone know if it would be possible to connect my laptop to my phone to avail of the free connnection? I tried joiku spot but it didn't work, I presume because i've no credit, but I would like to try another way to see can I get the same result as when browsing on the actual phone.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Abelloid

I'm on post-pay with a data package but none of the data seems to show on my itemised bill, even a GPS map I downloaded which was 3.6meg...

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,947 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

JustinOval wrote: »
    I'm on post-pay with a data package but none of the data seems to show on my itemised bill, even a GPS map I downloaded which was 3.6meg...

Bloody hell, mine does.....644 unbilled "calls" at the moment:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

This happened my brother on PAYG Meteor with Opera Mini a while back. Had me completely stumped.

It stopped working a while later, no idea why.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,922 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭cpu-dude

I remember this used to happen with Vodafone all the time years ago and it was brilliant, free phone calls too (this was at the point when everyone was calling 1550 numbers to get ringtones and voicemails, about 8 ish years ago). I also have a SIM card that for no reason, would also let me onto the internet for free with no credit on it - I lost it playing football though, sad sad day :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭dmcg90

Must be some phones, had an old Motorola v220 that could go online for free.

Advertisement