Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Audi a4 - a4 standard or s line

• 27-05-2009 7:48pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 199 ✭✭

Was just wondering what is different between the two. And if the s line is worth the extra cash?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,297 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

S Line is a specific trim level that could be ordered on most models of the A4 afaik.

My understanding is that there were quite a few variations on what you could order, there were exterior as well as interior varieties of S Line options.

Exterior - Larger alloy wheels, sports suspension, deeper front & rear bumpers, side skirts and boot lip along with S Line badges.

Interior - S Line steering wheel, sport seats and S Line logos, carbon fibre dash and door inserts.

I'm sure there are lots more maybe -Chris- is the best man to talk to.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,699 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

Was just wondering what is different between the two. And if the s line is worth the extra cash?

S-Line was never offered as a trim level in Ireland, you could specify one of the packs bazz26 listed. In the B7 model there were 3 variants, standard, SE and Sport (same as B8 currently).

Off the top of my head I think the only difference between the standard and sport models was the body styling and wheels. The SE model got a Multi Function Steering Wheel and Cruise Control - possibly "wood trim" as well.

If you want sporty looks then the exterior S-Line pack on the sports models is the one to go for - the standard alloys are generally horrible on base Audi models.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 199 ✭✭_Buck Rogers

Ah i see, I'm going over to england to buy next week. So was just curious

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,582 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

I may well be wrong here - but IIRC the S-line spec in the UK is quite different to Ireland. More comprehensive than the Paddy special spec, with modified suspension etc. (NB: if I am right, be careful on VRT, as a UK model will have chargeable extras over an Irish S-line model).

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Where are you buying over there?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Bill-e

Out of curiosity. How much would VRT be on a say 07 A4 S-Line?

Bill-e wrote: »
    Out of curiosity. How much would VRT be on a say 07 A4 S-Line?

You can see by using Revenue's VRT calculator:

https://www.ros.ie/VRTEnquiryServlet/showVRT

That thing just comes up with:
    "There were no vehicles matching your selections found. Please try again."

I've tried loads of combinations :(

Works for me:

DATE: 29 May 2009 TIME: 10:55 STATISTICAL CODE: 40285329 MAKE: AUDI MODEL: A4 1.9 TDI 113BHP (From Sept. 2004) VERSION: S LINE 113BHP 04DR / SALOON / MANUAL / DIESEL / CO2 EMISSIONS: 154</STRONG>
    MILEAGE: 40000 MILES DATE OF FIRST REGISTRATION: APRIL 2007 OPEN MARKET SELLING PRICE: €27543 RATE OF TAX: 20% VEHICLE REGISTRATION TAX:
    (payable on enquiry date) €5508

Nice one! it's around 5 grand...

• Advertisement

Remember also that Revenue will charge VRT on any factory fitted extras on cars such as Audi/BMW/Merc upto 4 years old. All they need to do is use the cars's VIN to get this information.

• Subscribers Posts: 16,592 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

R.O.R wrote: »
    S-Line was never offered as a trim level in Ireland, you could specify one of the packs bazz26 listed. In the B7 model there were 3 variants, standard, SE and Sport (same as B8 currently).

Off the top of my head I think the only difference between the standard and sport models was the body styling and wheels. The SE model got a Multi Function Steering Wheel and Cruise Control - possibly "wood trim" as well.

If you want sporty looks then the exterior S-Line pack on the sports models is the one to go for - the standard alloys are generally horrible on base Audi models.

generally the 'sport' models get lowered suspension, sports seats, 3 spoke steering wheel, extra leather/alu trim on gear lever and brake etc over the standard model.

The sline interior extends that a bit more, with further lowering of suspension, sportier kit and seats etc. the exterior kit adds the external trime

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 199 ✭✭_Buck Rogers

yop wrote: »
    Where are you buying over there?

Not fully decided, I'm flying over on thursday however, so i need tod decide soon! Plan is find the one i want, Prefereably in boro or manchester ( know peoples there) then buy it drive back.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Buck, I bought an A4 B7 Avant from NI a couple of months back, and while looking around one of the guys on the UK Audi forum sent me the UK spec docs for the B7. I have them at home, I'll dig them out for you. Gives you the details of SE v S-Line specs.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

PauloMN wrote: »
    Buck, I bought an A4 B7 Avant from NI a couple of months back, and while looking around one of the guys on the UK Audi forum sent me the UK spec docs for the B7. I have them at home, I'll dig them out for you. Gives you the details of SE v S-Line specs.

What sort of motor and where did you buy yourself Paul?

Did you do much haggling? ;)

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

yop wrote: »
    What sort of motor and where did you buy yourself Paul?

Did you do much haggling? ;)

Up north, an '06 Avant TDi (the 2.0) in SE trim. Minter. Bose, parking sensors, 17" alloys, climate, computer, multi-CD, bluetooth kit, cruise etc.. €17k all in with VRT and currency exchange. At the time (few months ago), cheapest advertised here were €19k+ so even with substantial discounts, I reckon I did ok, but more importantly I got a decent car. Some of the ****e I saw for sale here was awful, and you'd need to pay big bucks to get one as clean as I got. Too hard to get SE trim here also.

Haggling - got a couple of hundred off asking, but to be fair it was reasonably priced already. They don't seem to go in for the same ridiculous markup as they do here. They seem to price the cars at roughly what they want for them, which is a concept lost on dealers here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

S-line can mean different things.

I have pack 4 for example on my A4 which means that I get 17" alloys, bodykit and the usual s-line badges.

Thats about where it ends. The interior is standard A4 spec.

There are full S-line specs with S-line seats but you may not always get this.

Advertisement