Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tefal Quick Cup Kettle €39.99- Half Price @ Argos

• 27-05-2009 8:04pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭

58-4229715aA70UC487699M.jpg

Reserve it @Argos.ie

Was €74.99 Now €39.99
    # 2.8kW.

# Easy to fill and dishwasher safe 1.5 litre water tank.

# Hot filtered water in 3 seconds without preheating.

# Up to 65% energy saving compared to a standard kettle - Versatile for any hot or cold drink and snack.

# Serves directly in the cup.

# Cool touch exterior body.

# Automatic mug size function.

# One Claris water filter cartridge included in pack - Cartridge replacement indicator light.

# Water in tank is at room temperature.

# Energy saving trust logo.

# Automatic switch off.

# Non slip feet.

Other Half Price options:

Cookworks Signature Stainless Steel Jug Kettle - Was €49.99 Now €24.19

Cookworks White Kettle - Was €19.99 Now €9.99

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,101 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Does this thing boil water in 3 seconds. If it does, that's shít cool.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,937 ✭✭✭dingding

Starts dispensing hot 90C water in 3 Seconds, takes about 30 seconds to fill a cop.

Looking at the reviews, not quite as hot as a boiling kettle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭54kroc

Cheers nice find.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 xcrieve

How long do you get out of the cartidges? Seems like a handy gadget

• Closed Accounts Posts: 347 ✭✭Irlbo

Id stick to a kettle,Id overdose on tea if I was to have hot water that handy

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭bmaxi

Maybe have a read of these before rushing off to Argos.

http://www.reviewcentre.com/reviews151954.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭sunnyside

Those gadgets are better suited to coffee making because the water for coffee making isn't meant to be boiling. For tea you need boiling water and 90 degrees isn't boiling.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Bill-e

I think this might suit me. I always skip coffee in the morning cause I've to wait ages for it to cool down and ages for the kettle to boil, and I'm always late... hmmm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭54kroc

They say you get 6 weeks from the cartidges.
    I picked one up this morning in mahon point

• Closed Accounts Posts: 677 ✭✭✭darc

You can get it for about the same price every day in the home & cook shop in kildare outlet village.

Not suitable for tea, but fine for most other drinks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,246 ✭✭✭Qwerty?

darc wrote: »

Not suitable for tea

+1 on that. We have one, and found it not hot enough for tea or even coffee.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 813 ✭✭✭todolist

The last half price kettle I bought in argos leaked after 4 months.Never again!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 493 ✭✭thealltimelow

do you nead to use the cartidges all the time?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 539 ✭✭✭coffee to go

Also be prepared for the astounding noise this thing generates. We went through two before going back to kettle land - It was waking the children in the evenings!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 575 ✭✭✭Ozeire

Thank Bmaxi

After reading those reviews

won't be going anywhere near it .

• Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭Stealdo

Had one of these for about 6 months before chucking it to go back to a kettle. Same reasons as given above - does not boil water (although I don't think they advertise them as boiling water any more I'm pretty sure they did when I bought it). OK for Coffee, if you're into your tea at all it'll drive you mad, also really noisy, vibrates like nothing you've seen and the original version didn't have an adjustable amount of water that it poured, so if you like large mugs, it's a pain having to press the button a second time and then stand over it to stop it spilling over.

Would say steer clear.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭lindtee

Was going to go for one of these today, thank god I didn't. I loves my tea, and am prepared to wait for boiling water now after reading all the posts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Have used one, its a complete joke, suprised it even went into production. Dunno how it generates so much noise! No wonder they are flogging them off. Good other offers on the other kettles.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

If you need one more for tea then this option boils the water: Breville Hot Cup but ofcourse its not on offer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,246 ✭✭✭Qwerty?

Davy wrote: »
    If you need one more for tea then this option boils the water: Breville Hot Cup but ofcourse its not on offer.

its here for only €33

http://cgi.ebay.ie/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250432786303

unfortunately it £19 delivery :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Qwerty? wrote: »
    its here for only €33

http://cgi.ebay.ie/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250432786303

unfortunately it £19 delivery :eek:

I think amazon is the cheapest retailer for it at €60 delivered: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Breville-Hot-Cup-Boiling-Button/dp/B001L5SSGQ
    Its the black model, the white is exclusive to argos.

Advertisement