Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flatmate won't stop smoking

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

AARRRGH wrote: »
    Option 1 - pay your rent and continue as normal.
    Option 2 - I give you three weeks notice (i.e. move out the day I return from my holidays) and I keep the extra money (i.e. the fourth week) from the deposit for bills.
    Option 3 - move out tomorrow, as I have someone ready to move in on Saturday.
    Option 1, meh.

Option 2, she'll party party party, smoke all over the house, and leave. Also, leave you with a massive bill.

Option 3 is the way to go. She doesn't give a f**k what you say, so she's taking you for a ride. You want to be nice? Be nice to someone who is nice in return, or you'll be taken advantage of.

Anyone comes into the house, they'll expect a non-smoking house. Not one reeking of smoke.

Kick her out, and use her deposit to clean the curtains, etc. Then the new tenant can come in to a fresh smelling house.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭AARRRGH

I have decided to kick her out. I will be back with an update later.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

good on ye :)

I will never get over people who are always out to take advantage. I'm moving house myself and it's hard to know who'll be good to move in with when you're viewing a few places.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Good for you.
    Its all well and good trying to be a nice person- but she is taking the piss, and has left you with no option other than to march her to the door.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 995 ✭✭✭Ass

does she smoek tobacco or weed?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭AARRRGH

Problem solved - sort of. I'm happy to accept this and move on:

She has given me €385. I still have her deposit. So if I use her deposit for this months rent, that leaves €385 for the 8 nights she will be staying here next month, plus bills.

As the 8 nights rent will cost her about €160, and the bills will probably be around €100, that leaves about €125 breathing space for me.

I know this is not ideal, but it means I won't be out of money unless she breaks something, which is unlikely.

Slightly irritating though is the fact that she was acting like she was doing me a favour. Spa.

Anyway, I'm happy to put it to rest now.

Thanks for the replies everyone. I can now return to recovering from the mumps and looking forward to France and Spain. Woo hoo!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

AARRRGH wrote: »
    Problem solved - sort of. I'm happy to accept this and move on:

She has given me €385. I still have her deposit. So if I use her deposit for this months rent, that leaves €385 for the 8 nights she will be staying here next month, plus bills.

As the 8 nights rent will cost her about €160, and the bills will probably be around €100, that leaves about €125 breathing space for me.

I know this is not ideal, but it means I won't be out of money unless she breaks something, which is unlikely.

Slightly irritating though is the fact that she was acting like she was doing me a favour. Spa.

Anyway, I'm happy to put it to rest now.

Thanks for the replies everyone. I can now return to recovering from the mumps and looking forward to France and Spain. Woo hoo!

Try not to think of her when you're away- enjoy yourself.....

Advertisement