Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HAS ANY1 EVER SUCCESSFULLY APPEALED INTERVIEW RESULTS!??!!

Options
  • 27-05-2009 8:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19

Not happy with results of recent HSE interview and strongly disagree with marks given.Is appealing a waste of time? Are there ever successful appeals? I know it sounds like sour grapes but really isnt.advice please? so much resting on this....:(
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 495 ✭✭tolteq

ah..........move on. just make notes about where u think u went wrong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 595 ✭✭✭the_dark_side

Do you mean that this was an interview for a higher position within the HSE (if you are working for them)?
    Or are you asking about an interview to determine your means so you can recieve benefits/wefare?

You can appeal both.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭dingding

If it is a job interview, I think they will reconvene the panel to investigate the complaint.

Depends on your reasons as to why you think they failed you.. Are they reasonable or just plucked out of thin air?

I've gone against the decision of one interview in my life. Simply because they chose to hold my physical shakes as a reason not to hire me. Since it was a job dealing directly with customers they felt that since I had permanent "shakes", it would make people uncomfortable. However, I had a number of years experience in such a role, with plenty of references to show otherwise. In the end, I pushed for them to state a valid reason, or I would hit them with discrimination. I got the job, and was pretty successful at it for them.

But you have to be realistic, and consider the reasons why you might not have succeeded. Are their reasons valid, and fair?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement