Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Should the US Nuke North Korea?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭marcsignal

galwayrush wrote: »
    On balance, Israel is surrounded by Arab nations that would like to see all of them dead and Israel wiped off the face of the earth.

on balance undeclared nukes are undeclared nukes, and Israels past actions have shown the whole world, on tv, they are willing to use unreasonable force, even when attacked by rockets that would leave a smaller hole in the ground than a mole would leave in your back garden.
    b12mearse wrote: »
    No we shouldn't because they are a democratic country

debatable, and with enough material, and opinion, potentially, for a whole new forum, never mind a thread.
    and have more in common with ireland than with north korea.

that's an excuse to nuke north korea?
    horseflesh wrote: »
    Are you a disgruntled ex-member of an alleged Israeli nuclear programme? Don't know how else you could be so sure.
    well i trust jimmy carter, he seems to me to be a man of honourable intentions, and the fact, of course, that it's not exactly old news:pac:
    Really?
    Or by "aggressive" do you really mean reacts with force when attacked by hostile countries and outside groups?

which would have justified the brits wiping dublin off the map, any time during the troubles, right??:rolleyes:
    Mask wrote: »
    I intercepeted a message from Kim Jong il was sending to one of his Generals through the aertel teletext last night and the first target is the Ireland / ture story...

i hope their gps targeting system is better that the one the IDF use, otherwise some village in the arsehole of irkursk's gonna get it in the neck.:D
    ejmaztec wrote: »
    NK has spent the last 60 years building huge underground facilities. They must now have decided that it's time to use them.:eek:

that's a tunnel they're digging to iran, it's the only way they can deliver the goods.;)

not at all worried about nk, but i am worried about the amount of double standards going on in this world.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭Spunge

Rather see NK nuke the US

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Or by "aggressive" do you really mean reacts with force when attacked by hostile countries and outside groups?
    Yes. Extreme, disproportionate force - that looks pretty aggressive to me.

Terry wrote: »
    George? Is that you?

LOL!:D

now that i've managed to drag the ME conflict to the other side of the globe, i'm out for a pint, and will return to survey the train wreck later ;)

mad how in all these threads the same people always bring up Palestine or whatever.....
    :mad:
    Gets in the way of a good discussion about nuclear holocaust !

So the forecast for Korea is looking like some instant sunshine and 6 million degrees in the shade :)

aaah much better

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

mad how in all these threads the same people always bring up Palestine or whatever.....
    :mad:
    Gets in the way of a good discussion about nuclear holocaust !

So the forecast for Korea is looking like some instant sunshine and 6 million degrees in the shade :)

aaah much better

I better bring my sun cream.

What SPF would you need though?

Dudess wrote: »
    What SPF would you need though?

you'll find everything you need for a fun nuclear holocaust here ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭horseflesh

Yes. Extreme, disproportionate force - that looks pretty aggressive to me.

Pity you can't look at things in context then.
    Unfortunately for all involved, extreme disproportionate force is all Israel has in response to the countries who literally want to wipe them off the map.

Not Palestine though - does it really have such military might? And is there really a need for the ghastly mistreatment of Palestinians in the occupied territory? What has keeping them downtrodden got to do with Israel defending themselves? It's nauseating.

I'm not trying to downplay the suffering ordinary Israeli citizens endure because of the constant threats by fanatics though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

Seriously, there's a list on here somewhere which towns we want nuked here in this country, how do we forward it to the N Koreans?

marcsignal wrote: »
    Oh I love stuff to do with nuclear war! I don't know why though... scary as ****! :(

Ever see Threads? :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,171 ✭✭✭af_thefragile

HERE is the Israel thread.
    And so you people should take your Israel debate over there and get attacked by wes on every pro-Israel comment!!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

Can i sell my Iodine Tablet to someone in South korea?:D

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

I'd love if they nuked america. Real life version of fallout 3 for the win.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manic Moran

Israel has at least 150 nukes, which they developed in secret, has never signed a non proliferation treaty afaik, is aggressive to its neighbours, treats arab citizens like shit, and completely disregards UN resolutions.

Should we nuke them too??

Are they currently in a declared and legal state of war with the UN?

North Korea is. There's just been a temporary armistice since 1953.

NTM

Seriously, there's a list on here somewhere which towns we want nuked here in this country, how do we forward it to the N Koreans?

Would need to forward it onto the US, them, Russia or China would be the ones doing most of the nuking me thinks, N Korea cant lob anythin this far anyway

Try emailing the embassy politely, if your polite I find people are more helpful :pac:

And so you people should take your Israel debate over there and get attacked by wes on every pro-Israel comment!!
    Well if being pro Israel means being disingenuous about the sh1tty treatment of ordinary Palestinians, then... go wes!

Ever see Threads? :eek:

i certainly have ;) and it's online here for all boardsies too young to remember :) AND it tallies in very well with the current date and all...

Can i sell my Iodine Tablet to someone in South korea?:D

PROMOTE THIS BOARDSIE!! Recession SOLVED!! :):)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭el rabitos

usa should just upload a cold virus to the north korean mothership mainframe

Well if being pro Israel means being disingenuous about the sh1tty treatment of ordinary Palestinians, then... go wes!

He has become quite a legend!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 911 ✭✭✭994

No we shouldn't because they are a democratic country and have more in common with ireland than with north korea.
    So we should ally with any country that shares our ideologies, no matter what they do?
    It is a horrifically brutal regime though.
    And let's show those Commie gooks who can be the most horrifically brutal of all!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭LD 50

Ah why not. It would be a good fireworks show.

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭horseflesh

on balance undeclared nukes are undeclared nukes, and Israels past actions have shown the whole world, on tv, they are willing to use unreasonable force, even when attacked by rockets that would leave a smaller hole in the ground than a mole would leave in your back garden.

Rubbish.
    You're trying to make out that the rockets fired on Israel are nothing more than bouqets of flowers.
    marcsignal wrote:
    debatable, and with enough material, and opinion, potentially, for a whole new forum, never mind a thread.

There's nothing debatable about it.

marcsignal wrote:
    that's an excuse to nuke north korea?

Did anyone say that?
    marcsignal wrote:
    well i trust jimmy carter, he seems to me to be a man of honourable intentions, and the fact, of course, that it's not exactly old news:pac:

TBH, I'd say Israel do have nuclear capability, I just haven't done a stocktake like you have.
    And would you blame them??

marcsignal wrote:
    which would have justified the brits wiping dublin off the map, any time during the troubles, right??:rolleyes:

Don't be silly.
    At what stage did the government of the Republic of Ireland declare war on the UK?
    When did they state that they wished to wipe Britain off the map?
    Two completely different situations. To compare and claim they are/were the same thing is either disingenuous or thick.

Anyway, you've clearly marked yourself out as a stalwart of the anti-US, anti-Israel brigade, so I expect you'll continue coming out with similar "right-on" left-wing rhetoric.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

What are you talking about?
    The fact that in 1948 the British government turned around to the Palestinians and said something like Hey, get the **** out of here. We're giving this land to Jewish people. If you don't like it, then they'll just kill you.
    Then they walked away and the Jews got American backing and have been ruthlessly murdering Palestinians ever since.
    Mr.Lizard wrote: »
    Just ignore him. He's usually just talking drunken nonsense.
    Banned.
    It is a horrifically brutal regime though.
    I don't sidpute that for one minute.

Pfft. Just duck and cover and you'll be grand.
    Stop back seat modding.

Are they currently in a declared and legal state of war with the UN?

North Korea is. There's just been a temporary armistice since 1953.

NTM
    I don't think someone involved with the U.S. military should be bringing up UN mandates.
    It's not like your governemnt listens to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

I can't help being always right :P.

**EDIT**
    Joking aside, I do find it hilarious that people actually care enough about what I say, to actually bring it up elsewhere.

^You do defend Palestine quite strongly... So it stands out a bit i guess!
    Terry wrote: »
    Stop back seat modding.
    Its a wee bit annoying to see almost every international political affairs thread ending up with the same old battle of palestine vs. israel!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

I think ole uncle sam needs to remind some of the sh**ier countries out there just why its called a superpower.

Some nuclear "research" nice and close to iran and North Korea would be a good start. Not like they can complain about it seeing as how they're such fans.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

Advertisement