Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"Traffic Blues" starts on RTE 1, Sunday 31st May

Options
  • 27-05-2009 8:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,967 ✭✭✭

Copied & pasted.....

‘Traffic Blues’, a new six part fly on the wall series following the Garda Traffic Corps, begins Sunday 31 May at 8.30pm on RTÉ One. Produced by Big Mountain Productions, the series aims to show just how dangerous and badly behaved we really are on our roads.

......... the series shines a light on six months in the life of the Traffic Corps, primarily in three divisions; the Dublin Metropolitan division based in Dublin Castle; the Louth division taking in stations in Drogheda and Dundalk and the Donegal division focusing on Burnfoot and Letterkenny.

:eek: :D

Anyone here gonna be famous????

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

It all makes sense now.

I was breathalised in Glenmaquin one evening a few months back and wondered what the cameras were there for.

I'm gonna be on TV

w00t \0/ :D

• Registered Users Posts: 46,095 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Ah! I recall being stopped in St Johnston way back in November/December and there were cameras there. It was dark at the time and they had this big bright light hooked up beside a camera. That explains it so.

just as well they didnt stop me earlier in the day

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 andyc09lad

in other words a waste of taxpayers money filiming gards

• Registered Users Posts: 2,967 ✭✭✭mrmac

andyc09lad wrote: »
    in other words a waste of taxpayers money filiming gards

Sorry Andy - you're barking up the wrong tree there lad - nothing to do with the gov., if was filmed and produced by a company called Big Mountain Productions. I don't think they get any state funding?

BTW - the show is on at 20.30.

Smashy / muffler - there's a big difference between famous and infamous :P

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭tuppence

muffler wrote: »
    Ah! I recall being stopped in St Johnston way back in November/December and there were cameras there. It was dark at the time and they had this big bright light hooked up beside a camera. That explains it so.

just as well they didnt stop me earlier in the day

They would have asked..."So whats with the long face then?" Groan. Sorry couldnt resist. :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 44 andyc09lad

sorry about the earlier remark about tax payers money, i realise its not government funded

• Registered Users Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

Crap, forgot to watch it, anyone see it? was Donegal in it much?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

Senna wrote: »

It's available on the rte player.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭Redsoxfan

Senna wrote: »

Aye. Worth a watch for sure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 431 ✭✭donegalman1

Mentioned it in the Rally thread, showed some idiot on the Dual Carraigeway.

By the way, RTE receive a stealth tax known as a license fee to commission these programes from independent production companys so it is funded by tax payers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

Thanks Jimmy, just watched it.
    Cant believe they went as easy on the 17yr old with no license, no accompanied driver, car not vrt'd, no tax, no NCT and probably more.
    Glade that nut job driving up the dual-carriageway the wrong way got a prison term, un-believable that he didn't kill someone or at least crash.

Advertisement