Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mind-Boggling Ban from Soccer (for something on another site)

Options
  • 27-05-2009 9:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭

Some of us in the footie forum and elsewhere play a game called Xpert Eleven, it's a football management style game which we have a boards league set up on, which is not hosted on or does not have anything to do with boards aside from some user crossover. Today I posted a press release on that site (note not boards) which went as follows:
    FA Board Member Responds to Claims
    Boards.ie Xpert Eleven FA vice-chairman H3lx has responded to reports in certain media outlets that calls have been made for the enforced sacking of Congress Blitz manager GuanYin.

It has been suggested on several occasions in the past that the Blitz manager has a tendancy to try and censor the views and opinions of managers within the league, and some feel that things need to be addressed if she is to have any future in the Boards.ie league.

One manager, who wished to remain anonymous claimed "she's a f****** g***, end of story", sentiments echoed by a fellow mid-league based boss who said "She sounds like a total f****** ****".

With the media camped outside Boards.ie FA headquarters all day looking for a quote, it was left to Stanley Victor manager H3lx to discuss briefly the feelings of the Association.

"Whether or not she is a ******* **** is not for us to say. We just want to get on with the football. If two managers want to banter with each other in the relevant place then we, the FA, agree that they should be able to. However when this place is outside our jurisdiction there is very little we can do."

Many will see this as a surprisingly diplomatic from a man who has courted controversy on manys an occasion, but they weren't to be disappointed when moments later H3lx left the press conference with his microphone still attached and quipped to another member of the FA

"Just f****** kick her, if you dont wanna do it give me the ban hammer for 10 minutes and I'll do it."

The FA were unavailable for comment on this matter.

The "reports in certain media outlets" were posts from players on a different (non boards) website, about non boards users giving out about something someone (not me) had posted regarding her threatening to take mod action on two posters for having a bit of banter in the Xpert Eleven thread in soccer. the highly asterisked quotes were actual quotes made by people on another site (not boards), and were not made by me.

In the Xpert Eleven thread, Guanyin said the following to the two members who were using the thread for a bit of banter between games:
    Emmo, roryc... Xperteleven has a league forum and press release system. Use those for your interactions.

If you post in this thread again in reference to each other I will ban you both permanently from the forum. Those last two (now deleted) posts put you guys over.

Note the first 2 sentences in her reply.

Now this evening i received a pm from Beruthiel which reads as follows:
    Beruthiel wrote:
    Helix,

I have instructed GuanYin to ban you from Soccer while myself and my fellow Admins discuss the following comments made by you:
    Helix wrote:
    FA Board Member Responds to Claims
    Boards.ie Xpert Eleven FA vice-chairman H3lx has responded to reports in certain media outlets that calls have been made for the enforced sacking of Congress Blitz manager GuanYin.

It has been suggested on several occasions in the past that the Blitz manager has a tendancy to try and censor the views and opinions of managers within the league, and some feel that things need to be addressed if she is to have any future in the Boards.ie league.

One manager, who wished to remain anonymous claimed "she's a f****** g***, end of story", sentiments echoed by a fellow mid-league based boss who said "She sounds like a total f****** ****".

With the media camped outside Boards.ie FA headquarters all day looking for a quote, it was left to Stanley Victor manager H3lx to discuss briefly the feelings of the Association.

"Whether or not she is a ******* **** is not for us to say. We just want to get on with the football. If two managers want to banter with each other in the relevant place then we, the FA, agree that they should be able to. However when this place is outside our jurisdiction there is very little we can do."

Many will see this as a surprisingly diplomatic from a man who has courted controversy on manys an occasion, but they weren't to be disappointed when moments later H3lx left the press conference with his microphone still attached and quipped to another member of the FA

"Just f****** kick her, if you dont wanna do it give me the ban hammer for 10 minutes and I'll do it."

The FA were unavailable for comment on this matter

B

so i have now been banned from a forum on boards for something that:
    • i didnt say (the only thing i did was to request the ban hammer on the other site)
    • isnt against the soccer charter
    • wasnt posted on boards.ie

I have raised these points with Beruthiel, but have had no further response.

I believe that it is fair to say that this ban from soccer is absolutely shambolic, considering that I have been banned for reposting something that other players of Xpert Eleven said on a different website, on the Xpert Eleven website itself.

Boards.ie doesnt even come into this, yet I've been banned from the soccer forum

Something is not right here

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

I haven't read much about this particular problem, but isn't your "offsite" thing called "The Boards.ie League"?

By using the Boards.ie name you've created an implied association.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

This is not up for discussion with you right now.

Your access to Soccer has been suspended while we discuss the matter among ourselves.

Give us a couple of days.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement