Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Canon EF 24 - 70 mm F2.8 L USM lens

• 27-05-2009 9:21pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 266 ✭✭

Where would one get the best price for the Canon EF 24 - 70 mm F2.8 L USM lens either online or in the shops.

Also is it really worth selling a kidney to buy one? :rolleyes:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,319 ✭✭✭sineadw

Try http://keaphoto.com/ - odd though - the don't seem to have it listed..

And yes. Two kidneys.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

Definatly worth it alright!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭Pete67

Ian Kerr (Kerso) in Scotland. email address: kerso1123@msn.com. Ask him for a quote. He also sells on eBay but does direct mail order as well, with slightly better prices. I've bought Canon lenses from him before and had no issues.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 266 ✭✭car

Thanks guys, I will check him out on ebay or maybe drop him a line and see what his price is, Im beating myself up about 5 weeks ago I was in NY and my other half was going to buy me the lens but at the time I thought it was too much money and didnt have read enough reviews about it. It takes me ages before I decide I really want / need something.

There is no chance he will buy it for me now, since his car insurance is up at the end of the month.:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭wersal gummage

car, i cant comment on the lense. but i do have a 24-60mm lense on a 1.6x camera and i just find that it isn't wide enough a lot of the time to bring with me as a single lense for the camera. so if you are using a crop camera and hoping to use it as a general purpose lense maybe its just something to think about.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 469 ✭✭ttcomet

Kerso has them for 915 Sterling plus delivery on ebay, I am actually just waiting on one to arive at the moment. I can let you know the name of my black market organ dealer if you like :).

Edit:Mine arrived about 11, it is a pretty amazing lens, put about 70 shots through it just to test it and the pocket wizards that came with it, I definitely recommend it. As ThOnda says below it is built like a tank, very fast to focus and the quality of the pictures are great.

BTW if you mail Kerso at the address above he will do a slightly better price outside of ebay and paypal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭ThOnda

I love the lens. Built like a tank, no issues with image quality, weather proof and delivered for £900 from H-K shop OneStop. No duty paid.
    It is worth kidney and staying away from pubs for more than a year.

How long did it take to get the lens delivered from Kerso

and from the Onestop digital shop?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 469 ✭✭ttcomet

It normally takes less then a week but I had to wait for him to get the wizards instock so it was more like 3. But he let me know about the delay before I placed the order.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭ThOnda

Order confirmed on Sunday, the lens was at the door in Tallaght on Wednesday morning.

• Advertisement

Guess what the lovely DHL man brought me today. After selling my left kidney on the black market I finally got the lens. First thing I notice is the weight of it, hadnt a chance to take any photos with it yet, hurry on the weekend so I can bring it for a test ride. It def looks the business.

I would def recommend Ian Kerr (Kerso) in Scotland. email address: kerso1123@msn.com I ordered it on Monday evening and it arrived first thing this morning. Couldnt be happier!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭MartMax

yerp, after a long contemplating i also did order one today. screw recession. hopefully it arrives soon!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 771 ✭✭✭Rojo

car wrote: »
    Guess what the lovely DHL man brought me today. After selling my left kidney on the black market I finally got the lens. First thing I notice is the weight of it, hadnt a chance to take any photos with it yet, hurry on the weekend so I can bring it for a test ride. It def looks the business.

I would def recommend Ian Kerr (Kerso) in Scotland. email address: kerso1123@msn.com I ordered it on Monday evening and it arrived first thing this morning. Couldnt be happier!

If you don't mind me asking, how much was the lens?

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭fran426ft

Don't know what mart_max paid but I got a quote of £885(+postage at cost) from him last week. Not as good as back the start of the year before the price increases but considerably better than anything listed on camerapricebuster.co.uk at the moment and no worries with import tax as with any of the Hong Kong suppliers.

I got my 70-200mm 2.8 IS, 50mm 1.8 and 430EX II flash as well as other bits and pieces off him back in November and they arrived next day with DHL.

Just email him and ask for a price list.

i ordered it for the same price £885 + delivery (£39 DHL) this week. i wish the currency exchange rate was better but what the heck.

definitely priced better than any other suppliers on http://camerapricebuster.co.uk. go email him for an updated price list.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭jackdaw

fran426ft wrote: »
    Don't know what mart_max paid but I got a quote of £885(+postage at cost) from him last week. Not as good as back the start of the year before the price increases but considerably better than anything listed on camerapricebuster.co.uk at the moment and no worries with import tax as with any of the Hong Kong suppliers.

I got my 70-200mm 2.8 IS, 50mm 1.8 and 430EX II flash as well as other bits and pieces off him back in November and they arrived next day with DHL.

Just email him and ask for a price list.

885 !!! for the IS version !!!!

w0w ...

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭fran426ft

No £885 was the quote I got for the 24-70mm 2.8L last week

I got the 70-200mm 2.8L IS for £1020 back in November which on his latest price list i got was £1269 so I still feel like I did well:D

yeah prices have shot up ... recession my a**

I paid 885 sterling plus 1.5% charge for paying through paypal and I went with the 39 sterling for the DHL delivery and been fully insured on its journey over to me.

U get a full years international warrenty with it too!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,198 ✭✭✭kensutz

Ordered it on Wednesday, was dispatched yesterday and arrived in this morning sitting in the office! Wuhoo!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭Anouilh

mart_max wrote: »
    Ordered it on Wednesday, was dispatched yesterday and arrived in this morning sitting in the office! Wuhoo!

Congratulations! Out of interest, where did you buy and was it a good price?
    kensutz wrote: »
    You do realise it's a cached page from April? Who's to say he still has the gear??

I know. There is a contact number on that page and I thought it would be useful to see the sort of gear on offer.

Funny things is about price rises ... the 100-400 f4-5.6 L seems to be more expensive now then the 70-200 f2.8 IS L ...

it was the opposite a few months ago ... and the 70-200 was a good bit more expensive ... so the 100-400 has soared...

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭kgpixels

Been using this lens for a few yrs now with no issue. Its well worth the price tag.

Advertisement