Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Apprentice UK week 9

Options
  • 27-05-2009 9:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭

So was he right?

Lorraine (She is too old)
    Howard (Steady Eddie, boring)
    or
    Kate (She is One Trick Pony)

OR
    THE OTHER TEAM

None of them are worthwhile, I think all the good ones have gone.

Was he right? 16 votes

Lorraine (She is old!)
    0% 0 votes
    Howard (Steady Eddie, boring he was right)
    50% 8 votes
    Kate (One Trick Pony)
    37% 6 votes
    THE OTHER TEAM
    12% 2 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭Wobbuffet

I don't think Howard should have gone, I thought he would have least gotten through to the interviews ahead of Lorraine.

He was certainly very popular on You're Fired. Both he and Margaret Mountford got several rounds of applause.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

So happy for James to survive and get a rare opportunity to enjoy a prize. And he's the last man standing. Who saw that coming?

Did I see it correctly that three people are fired next week btw? It's my first year watching The Apprentice...shame on me...

Lorraine should've gone. Though she does seem to be on Sir Alan's wavelength...he hit the nail on the head when he said that she consistently turns around halfway through the task and claims they've made a mistake. It looks good on a TV show, but it's not very effective in the business world. Please, if there's any Lorraine supporters here, tell if she's gotten one constructive result this series.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭Noopti

Debra needs to go....she infuriates me to no end. She has this sort of smug look on her face all the time.........

Also, what was up with Howards nose in the boardroom. Looked like he had a deviated septum or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

James is next to go I would say. But all of them should be fired and Alan Sugar should realise he is left with the worst of a bad lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Absolutely shocked last night when they said Debra was 23.

She looks about mid 30's.

I suppose her age goes some way to explain her bullishness.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭babycheeks

BaZmO* wrote: »

I suppose her age goes some way to explain her bullishness.

Yeah I was shocked too. Also thought that James looked a lot older than 31!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

BaZmO* wrote: »

I think it is her very sharp features as well. She always seems unhappy and angry which also play a part.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭nevey

Elmo wrote: »
    I think it is her very sharp features as well. She always seems unhappy and angry which also play a part.

She is just a miserable cow. I too was surprised that she is so young and it does explain things a bit - but my guess is that she will still be a miserable cow when she is 30, 40, 50 ....

I think that Yasmeena is the only substantial candidate left at the moment. I never thought Lorraine deserved the level of scorn that she got, but she became a pain in the arse going on and on about her instincts. I think Margaret realises that she created a bit of a monster with her Cassandra remark!
    James is great fun, but way too rough around the edges. I am stunned that he is still in the competition. They definitely don't weed them out in order of merit. He should have been fired before now.
    I think that Kate is okay, but a bit light. She was so silly with her comment to Lorraine last night. Lorraine basically said that Howard was a natural and looked great on TV, "better than either of us", and Kate took it personally. At the start of the show, they showed her putting on her make-up. She was unrecognisable.

There should be some fireworks next week - looking forward to it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

Tbh Howard was just boring. He played it safe the whole way through the contest and Sugar doesn't like people like that. He prefers candidates like Lorraine, Debra and James - people who have some potential but who are also potentially disastrous.

Even though she should have been fired ages ago, I have finally started to like Debra. She had a great week this week, and stuck up for herself much better than Ben did last week. But I've said since Week 3 that Yasmina should win, and I'm still hoping she will. She's had 3 wins as PM, which must be a record. I get the feeling Alan Sugar doesn't particularly like her though.

Advertisement